Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a point a tent is warmer than the car. Enough whiskey and it shouldn't really matter. :cheers:

Going to be counting on the whiskey factor, lol. Thanksgiving can't come soon enough- a legit excuse to take a day off , hope all is well Joe - Sam

I'll be in Swan Lake, sleeping in the Suby, come on over and join the suffer fest if ya want to shiver around the fire and drink whiskey with me, lol - Sam

I tell ya, I'm tempted. . . I've cut a lot of wood in -10 to -20. I'll draw the line at -20, cause even though there's "heat in the tools", that's freaking cold. Plus, equipment starts breaking in them temps.
www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-172.gif

Coldest I've been in was -78 below with the wind chill on a ski mountain. Barely made it down the hill on that one. . . My zipper froze to my chin and I didn't realize it, the sum beech tore of a chunk when it let go. There was a meat wagon at the bottom of the hill to pick up two fellas. . . One fell over real easy like and snapped a leg, the other had a heart attack -- the EMT's said both were from the extreme cold.

Oooooh, 29 here this morning. Pretty soon I'll turn on the news and see if the Seattle TV people have their puffy coats on.

Seriously, a small tent with a dog or two in it, can be pretty warm. Dogs make good heaters. I just give him a bath so he smells OK before the trip.

Guy at Harris Pine left about 500 loads of Ponderosa pine decked under 10' of snow. Boy was he pissed at the scale. Boy was he stupid.

I was scaling it. It was ugly.

Oooooh, 29 here this morning. Pretty soon I'll turn on the news and see if the Seattle TV people have their puffy coats on.

Seriously, a small tent with a dog or two in it, can be pretty warm. Dogs make good heaters. I just give him a bath so he smells OK before the trip.

That is quite true, I have noticed how much warmer the truck is when I leave a 110+ pound canine sleeping in the backseat of my truck on winter days and I'm done for the day. I get in and the truck really isn't that cold, a very minor side benefit to dog buddies, LOL.

Sam

jugs just down below the top of the label so hopefully I won't have to borrow the jug Pablo passed out with in the ditch back there up the road. But Pablo wouldn't want it any other way, surely Pablo would want us to share his jug.

Going to be counting on the whiskey factor, lol. Thanksgiving can't come soon enough- a legit excuse to take a day off , hope all is well Joe - Sam

Whiskey! How much? I am on my way! Oh wait, I can drink whiskey right here in my warm livin room all nice and cozy...have fun pard ;) You guys burnin piles?

Last edited:
Baah! It is not cold unless your spit freezes before it hits the ground. It actually snaps as it flash freezes. About -20F makes that happen.

Not quite like it does when it's -55c. I determine it's cold when the artic fox are warming up underneath the block of your crewcab ford that hasn't been shut off since october.

Whiskey! How much? I am on my way! Oh wait, I can drink whiskey right here in my warm livin room all nice and cozy...have fun pard ;) You guys burnin piles?

Yep burnin. Just got in. A little chilly up there on the lake. Roads sucked. And yes, there was plenty of whiskey. You must be getting soft, sitting in the living room drinking whiskey:D, don't you know that it tastes better when it's -20 out? Have a good holiday man, drive safe! - Sam

I am happy all the good sawyers come hang in this thread. Good group we got here. More pics please. Even in the living room sipping on some good stuff or what your building for dinner. Happy holidays, drink a few or several for me! :cheers:

Well I wouldn't consider myself among the best sawyers of arboristsite but heres some pictures of me falling.................a stump! with my ported/modded 084 and a 42" .404 B/C.

2.jpg

1.jpg

IMGP0019-4.jpg

And some bucking:

IMGP0002-1.jpg

I know these look like there from alaska in the 90's but there actually from new hampshire a couple of months ago.

They're just handheld digital photos of prints from a disposable film camera.

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't consider myself among the best sawyers of arboristsite but heres some pictures of me falling.................a stump! with my ported/modded 084 and a 42" .404 B/C.

And some bucking:

I know these look like there from alaska in the 90's but there actually from new hampshire a couple of months ago.

They're just handheld digital photos of prints from a disposable film camera.

Thanks for sharing. I may take my next pics with a disposable for the nostalgic look.

[/QUOTE]I know these look like there from alaska in the 90's but there actually from new hampshire a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Wow...the 90's...I must be getting old....no way! Nice pictures.

Back