FALLING VS. FELLING

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha do you guys title a "Cutter/Sawyer/Faller/Feller/Hacker/Tipper/Chopper/Whacker/Dropper/Clown Who Cutts Trees" as in New Zealand? Hope its something different than the mentioned above. I'd be nice to have another title added on to the list of job title's that all refer to the same exact profession! 👍🤣😉

The term I've heard of for Australian fallers is "Sleeper Cutter". I don't know if they're referring to the felled tree as a being a "sleeper", or if they mean if you get hit by the tree you end up going to sleep.

The term I've heard of for Australian fallers is "Sleeper Cutter". I don't know if they're referring to the felled tree as a being a "sleeper", or if they mean if you get hit by the tree you end up going to sleep.
🤣Ha ha. Roger that and thanks. 👌Got it now. Actually, I like the Irishman's title a little bit better. "The Woodsman" 👍

In the depths of my mind I seem to recall that railroad ties are called sleepers, and a lot of Aussie guys would do timber cutting solely to produce ties, so that may be where the term's from.

Cutter is the one that I've heard everywhere I've been. My first title was "Cudown Man" without the T, which seemed to be to be local to The Appalachians. Cutter was the popular term in Eastern OR. Faller seems more popular in Southwest OR. As long as you don't call me a LUMBERJACK.... Attractive ladies get a pass, though.

Latest posts

Back