FALLING VS. FELLING

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy bud! I'm just taking the piss out of ya! 😉 No need for name calling! Besides I'm not a logger either. I don't log the timber. Loggers do that. I fell the timber! 👍

Hahaha I wasn't calling names was saying im not even a loggers bum😅 🤣.

I'm just a firewood hack who drops a few trees here n there.

It's probably 90% machine here now

Hahaha I wasn't calling names was saying im not even a loggers bum😅 🤣.

I'm just a firewood hack who drops a few trees here n there.

It's probably 90% machine here now
You'll have to excuse me and I beg your pardon! I miss read your text.
I read it as,
"I'm not a logger a$$hole" After reading it again I can see it actually says "I'm not a loggerS a$$hole but..." 😉 There was no apostrophe! Threw me off!

Where is @Hermio the English Professor when I actually need him?! 🤔

You'll have to excuse me and I beg your pardon! I miss read your text.
I read it as,
"I'm not a logger a$$hole" After reading it again I can see it actually says "I'm not a loggerS a$$hole but..." 😉 There was no apostrophe! Threw me off!

Where is @Hermio the English Professor when I actually need him?! 🤔

Hahaha 😆 😂 all is well. Yes my grammar is atrocious

Wha do you guys title a "Cutter/Sawyer/Faller/Feller/Hacker/Tipper/Chopper/Whacker/Dropper/Clown Who Cutts Trees" as in New Zealand? Hope its something different than the mentioned above. I'd be nice to have another title added on to the list of job title's that all refer to the same exact profession! 👍🤣😉
Axeman, a man who wields an axe, esp to cut down trees, so as not to be misunderstood, toget on a rabbit trail

At one point I considered myself a competent timber faller. Also known as a sawyer, tree killer, stump manufacturer, chainsaw wielding maniac, amongst other things. According to the Forest Circus, KDF and NWCG I’m an Advanced Faller (FAL1/Faller Class 1), which was formerly a C Faller (sawyer if you were with a crew).

As a faller, I fall timber through the act of felling it. Felling is an act, a verb, mostly interchangeable with the verb to fall when discussing trees. Felling is someome taking something down. It is what someone acts on something else. David felled Goliath, if you’re a believer in that. It is not a noun, or an adjective.

At one point I considered myself a competent timber faller. Also known as a sawyer, tree killer, stump manufacturer, chainsaw wielding maniac, amongst other things. According to the Forest Circus, KDF and NWCG I’m an Advanced Faller (FAL1/Faller Class 1), which was formerly a C Faller (sawyer if you were with a crew).

As a faller, I fall timber through the act of felling it. Felling is an act, a verb, mostly interchangeable with the verb to fall when discussing trees. Felling is someome taking something down. It is what someone acts on something else. David felled Goliath, if you’re a believer in that. It is not a noun, or an adjective.
"David felled Goliath, if you’re a believer in that."
Absolutely, I believe.
Never heard of a faller being called a sawyer though. Possibly a regional terminology thing. Around here, the sawyer runs/operates the mill. Ya don't mess with the Sawyer whilst the mill is in operation. He will immediately, in most cases, order you to leave the premises. :cool: OT

Wha do you guys title a "Cutter/Sawyer/Faller/Feller/Hacker/Tipper/Chopper/Whacker/Dropper/Clown Who Cutts Trees" as in New Zealand? Hope its something different than the mentioned above. I'd be nice to have another title added on to the list of job title's that all refer to the same exact profession! 👍🤣😉
Crosscutter, no idea where it came from, not so common now.
Also, no shame in being known as a "logger", even if you're a faller/feller/crosscutter, most blokes I know that work in the scrub couldn't care less what job title they're labelled with, and neither should they, I don't know anyone who knows what they're on about who talks dismissively of loggers.

If you ask a tree hugger? I'm called one thing. If you ask someone fascinated by timber hitting the ground? Im called another. Call me whatever you like. Just please don't call me a logger! 😫

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!😉
Come mow.my good man, surely your a logger when your getting your fire wood for the house.😉🤣. Cut it down, buck it up and transport it. Doesnt have to be to a mill. Any way there's a logger around here that tells everyone he's a Forrester, because he does more then chop down trees and send them to a mill, I'm unconvinced after seeing him in action and the mess he left behind but none the less he is a logger.

Come mow.my good man, surely your a logger when your getting your fire wood for the house.😉🤣. Cut it down, buck it up and transport it. Doesnt have to be to a mill. Any way there's a logger around here that tells everyone he's a Forrester, because he does more then chop down trees and send them to a mill, I'm unconvinced after seeing him in action and the mess he left behind but none the less he is a logger.
Shhhhhhhhhhh! Hush now with that fowl talk! I am nothing of the sort! 🤣🤣🤣😉

Crosscutter, no idea where it came from, not so common now.
Also, no shame in being known as a "logger", even if you're a faller/feller/crosscutter, most blokes I know that work in the scrub couldn't care less what job title they're labelled with, and neither should they, I don't know anyone who knows what they're on about who talks dismissively of loggers.
Probably from back in the days of the old school timber felling when timber was fell by means of "Misery Whips" (hand held "crosscut" felling saw) and Double Bits. When men were as hard as the steel they swung!

Witch reminds me of one of my favorite movies titled "Man From Snowy River" it was filmed and takes place in Australia. There's a good old school logging scene in that movie! 👍

On the subject of logger vs cutter/faller... I do it all, so does that make me a logger? or just a Gyppo? At heart I'm just a fat kid that likes making an S load of noise.
Dont think it matters what you refer to yourself as. around here you would be a logger if you fell, buck, skid, load and deliver by yourself or with a small crew. I have heard of logging crews that have fallers, equipment operators and truck drivers. Much larger operations then a one or 2 man band if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back