FarmerTec 200t coming after holiday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pop off gauge is more expensive than OEM at least from the ad they sent me yesterday LOL.
Lone wolf has spent more time testing AM ms2oot parts than anyone i guarantee that.
My prediction is that a year after the kit is released the saw will still be really unreliable and that it will drop the price of a used ms200t by at least $100 and we will see new in box OEM 200ts sell for north of $1600
Good news on the ones in the box being worth more I like that! I bet you could be right unless another variable enters into the equation.

Had a local give me a standing order for 4 of them years back at $1200 each, i was only able to find him he and made less than $100 on it, i see fake built saws pop up now for a grand that don’t sell because they have no warranty or build assurance but i bet a few of the real ones will seep out as the perceived value of used saws drops due to more fake am builds entering the market, eBay does a horrible job policing the fake 660/440 market and i see guys who love the 066 moving to the 661 to be sure they will get a genuine saw
Kit saws are killing the used saw market

The pop off gauge is more expensive than OEM at least from the ad they sent me yesterday LOL.
Lone wolf has spent more time testing AM ms2oot parts than anyone i guarantee that.
My prediction is that a year after the kit is released the saw will still be really unreliable and that it will drop the price of a used ms200t by at least $100 and we will see new in box OEM 200ts sell for north of $1600
Your cost on a pop off? I see them selling for 50$. The farmertec cost was much lower, of course until we see one we will not know the quality.

People overcharge for the 200 here locally. Very used ones are 600$, tired ones. 1000$ for a good one. One in the box would get 1400 easy. If you could find one on the shelf.

It's a shame people are selling kits. But repair shops have long used am parts to fix a saw when a customer might bolt over cost. The owner then sells it and goes yeah it's all orginial. That's been going on a long time. Kits I have no doubt make it worse

You got a better look than I did. 36. They send you one?
That page was not up when I checked

Those nipples are worth 5$ each at Stihl if they are same size.

10000 sold already, wow

Had a local give me a standing order for 4 of them years back at $1200 each, i was only able to find him he and made less than $100 on it, i see fake built saws pop up now for a grand that don’t sell because they have no warranty or build assurance but i bet a few of the real ones will seep out as the perceived value of used saws drops due to more fake am builds entering the market, eBay does a horrible job policing the fake 660/440 market and i see guys who love the 066 moving to the 661 to be sure they will get a genuine saw
Kit saws are killing the used saw market

The local Stihl dealership has "Counterfeit warnings" taped behind the cash register which look a whole lot like Huztl's catalog of "full parts saw". Stihl knows perfectly well what's going on but doesn't care as it doesn't affect sales but...
Chinese parts are eating their dealers' lunch, especially now that you can get them at their real value through eBay, Aliexpress and similar outfits instead than through greedy importers. Parts is where dealers can make a decent profit and the more Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna and Honda hike parts prices, the more Chinese parts people will be buying. €60 for a crappy Walbro WT carburetor is the best argument on why this thing is just getting started.

The local Stihl dealership has "Counterfeit warnings" taped behind the cash register which look a whole lot like Huztl's catalog of "full parts saw". Stihl knows perfectly well what's going on but doesn't care as it doesn't affect sales but...
Chinese parts are eating their dealers' lunch, especially now that you can get them at their real value through eBay, Aliexpress and similar outfits instead than through greedy importers. Parts is where dealers can make a decent profit and the more Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna and Honda hike parts prices, the more Chinese parts people will be buying. €60 for a crappy Walbro WT carburetor is the best argument on why this thing is just getting started.
Some of this is the dealers fault. They charged me almost 16$ for a 660 fuel hose. He should have charged no more than 10$ for it. Just look at you gas pump next time you pass. GREED

30.00 OEM that sure is a lot but it is all I use.
That's when a guy is at the top of his game. Thinks it through. When is it appropriate to substitute. Even when you do you have to know which to use. We know that FarmerTec's crack team is on the job testing their parts. I doubt if even one company actually does from the sheer amount of bad that makes it though. I imagine ozhoo and Dave are up at all hours of the night testing their FarmerTec parts they bring to us. Lol. I needed a laugh to get my morning going but that's what we must do is to put the information on the kits and parts where people can get to it. Stihl made that boot thin so maybe they could have done something more to make it more durable considering the stress the handle puts on it. They get us here or there. But knowing what I know about the construction of the saw that part must be oem. Thankfully they are not that hard to change

That's when a guy is at the top of his game. Thinks it through. When is it appropriate to substitute. Even when you do you have to know which to use. We know that FarmerTec's crack team is on the job testing their parts. I doubt if even one company actually does from the sheer amount of bad that makes it though. I imagine ozhoo and Dave are up at all hours of the night testing their FarmerTec parts they bring to us. Lol. I needed a laugh to get my morning going but that's what we must do is to put the information on the kits and parts where people can get to it. Stihl made that boot thin so maybe they could have done something more to make it more durable considering the stress the handle puts on it. They get us here or there. But knowing what I know about the construction of the saw that part must be oem. Thankfully they are not that hard to change
The OEM boots are strong as needed to be! The rear mount goes and it produces a lot of movement which in turn will cause the boot to tear. Most climbers arent savvy enough to realize this is happening and just keep pulling on it when stuck.

Latest posts

Back