Farmertec "Caber" rings real or fake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of stuff is made in china by the oem company that often times have quality control representatives from the oe company on site to monitor quality. I believe he has been talking about the copy cat thiefs that reproduce things as cheaply as possible.

Ultimately it wouldn't be a topic at all if shipping from the US hadn't gone nuts recently. The prices are becoming extreme (not to mention the numerous US sellers who refuse to even reply to you if you are not from the US). Convenient supply of OEM parts does not always exists in many regions of Australia.
Getting parts here to New Zealand is usually cost prohibitive as well, I've seen on ebay shipping costs for just a AM cylinder around $90. Then you have trying to get it to your door as the couriers are short staffed.

I have stihl but can’t afford to fork out $1400 to $2500 for a power head at the moment i Have a small business that doesn’t get enough tree work to justify that but need a bigger power head that can run a 32+ inch bar for the big walnuts and maples I encounter.
I feel your pain. I live on a tree farm and heat with wood. What I have learned to do is port vintage saws. I buy a little at a time and sometimes don't have a choice but to buy China crap because parts are no longer available. I'll Run that part until the oem pops up. I have had good luck with antivibes and carb kits.

Oh, I mind. Given the choice between a part or two being made by Chinese bastards under German supervision and a knock of kit of garbage parts I have and will go with the first.
But it seems you don't mind, both parts still being made in China....

White 372 pro saws Farmetec sells now. Suppose to be meteor piston and Caber ring. They do look nice.
US dealer took one apart. Mine looked as nice too.

Havent seen Farmertec install a piston backwards yet like OEM Husky does in 390XP and now the later run of 395XP. Pretty sad someone not catching that at the factory's.

This saw reminds me of the OE 372's we used to be able to buy in US. Few changes like a echo style tank vent etc.

g372stockproo.jpgg372stockpro.jpgg372gb.jpg

I feel your pain. I live on a tree farm and heat with wood. What I have learned to do is port vintage saws. I buy a little at a time and sometimes don't have a choice but to buy China crap because parts are no longer available. I'll Run that part until the oem pops up. I have had good luck with antivibes and carb kits.
I’m currently hunting down parts to rebuild a pioneer holiday into a turd saw that will probably be a “daily driver” idk about porting it yet need to figure out if the homlite xl12 cylinders will fit first. been using a John Deere model 30(echo 302s) On smaller jobs.

Yeah, and there is still a debate among some individuals if ww2 or the moon landing ever happened.
That's because in our society there are a lot of useful idiots, as Stalin called them. They were also the first to be executed after their usefulness expired.

That's because in our society there are a lot of useful idiots, as Stalin called them. They were also the first to be executed after their usefulness expired.
What you're trying to tell me buddy? That you are a useful idiot? Trump your puppet master or what?

Might be worth reviewing the original poster's reason for the purchase and also noting that he is after the genuine (as labeled) item in this case and is in discussion with the original parts manufacturer (not to mention that it is just a simple replacement part that numerous companies other than the original saw manufacturer make anyway).
Thank you, Matt, for a breath of fresh air.

The Caber jury is still out on real vs. fake, but here is the response I got today:

Good day,
It is all in the hands of our R&D dpt who are comparing your pictures with the same rings in stock and see whether the enlarged sections of your images match ours.
I hope to get back to you very soon.

I will definitely post follow up as it occurs, and will offer to send the rings if needed to settle this issue.

(back to politics)

So far the Cabers I ordered aren't either real or fake, they're non-existent. I ordered them the 16th of last month and they're still not here. I tracked them and they're actually farther away today than they were a couple of days ago! Maybe the postmaster is reading these posts and is punishing me...

Still waiting on the Caber ring that I ordered last month. That's the bad thing about ordering from Europe, takes forever...
Why would you order a Caber ring from there when so many US dealers sell Caber for same cost?

Heck I get most of mine from dealer 2hrs away by mail.

Left old ring right new caber.

j670leftoldandrightnew.jpg

Mine was around $10 including shipping and I wasn't in a hurry then. I've ordered from them before, pretty sure they don't sell fakes, and back then it didn't seem like it took a month..Really not the vendor's fault that the USPS ping pongs the mail to different post offices before delivering to the right one..

Mine was around $10 including shipping and I wasn't in a hurry then. I've ordered from them before, pretty sure they don't sell fakes, and back then it didn't seem like it took a month..Really not the vendor's fault that the USPS ping pongs the mail to different post offices before delivering to the right one..
Dave Smith also a member here who I buy rings from mostly, runs CCC Racing and dont sell fake either and same cost. Probably knows way more about caber rings then most other sellers. Even overseas vendor.

Like he said some have no marking, and some 2 different caber laser writing.

These companies wanted in that big Asian market and to do so they had to give up their rights to their equipment and they knew that going in. IMO it has came back and bit them in the AS-. I try to avoid the aftermarket parts as they are getting expensive. It seems every old junk saw that was worthy is being rebuilt with China parts. On the caber rings not a lot of difference between China price and local price. Time is money as I will not order from China.

After my complaining I received the ring in the mail today! I even installed it in the saw with little trouble but have yet to finish putting the rest of the saw together. Being a homeowner saw I had to tear the whole thing down, cleaning it also. I should finish the job tomorrow if all goes well..it's a Husqvarna 435, not my favorite.

After my complaining I received the ring in the mail today! I even installed it in the saw with little trouble but have yet to finish putting the rest of the saw together. Being a homeowner saw I had to tear the whole thing down, cleaning it also. I should finish the job tomorrow if all goes well..it's a Husqvarna 435, not my favorite.
What sealant did you use?

Back