FarmerTec Holzfforma G660 Purple Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every sawhand who works in the bush.

Their other saws are far away.

Ffs.

There are lots of places where Starbucks doesn’t exist.
Doesn't seem very forward thinking. What do they do when the tensioner strips out? Or the piston pin bearing gets sloppy? Or the starter spool explodes? How do they even make any money?

They carry Stihls or Huskys. Usually two identical saws. Sometimes more. And a few spare parts. Good saws rarely break down. Saws that breakdown aquire a reputation very quickly and those models are abandoned.

I am never going to make it up the damn hill if I now need two saws and basically a third worth of parts plus all the other crap some of you boys appear to haul off with you.

Interesting thoughts on whether these saws can be used for logging. If I was falling and bucking for helicopter logging, long ways from the truck I would want new name brand OEM or even working under a tower. But so many jobs these days are small jobs clearing land for home owners and such, skidder and cat logging, I'd be happy to take big blue to any of these type jobs.

Big blue would make a good landing saw, bucking and bumping knots.

I went to our local saw shop a couple weeks back, there was a 661 for sale, the tag said $1,600+, I just rounded down. So the full price plus sales tax would put it to $1.700 and then some! Not sure how much the 661 is without the extra charges for being in Alaska.

These days all I do is firewood and a few cedar shake blocks, the G660's look like good value for my dollar.

lol8.gif

You might find that funny, but I live on the third largest island in the US, you can only get here by air, or boat, it's a 3+hour ferry ride each way, and it's not cheap. Ketchikan our nearest city is more of a tourist town so prices there are also spendy.

But we have lots of trees and great fishing, if you like salmon and halibut

Cell phone service?

Yes we do have cell service here and in most the islands towns, and land lines to, internet is Hughes net satellite, and APT for electricity.

Alaska has no price gouging laws, so our prices in remote areas can really hurt the wallet! That said itt can be a real pita and quite spendy to get things shipped here, no one wants to ship to AK, just to lower 48! But Huztl ships here! :) :) :)

It seems like the only people bashing the Chinese saws or the saw kits are the people that don't have them. I do understand that if I made a living with a saw, it wouldn't be the only saw I took to the woods. I would take a proven dependable saw with me as a backup while I gave the clone a try.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think what I’d really like to see is a Taiwanese saw, selling for $5-600. The Chinese DO know how to make quality products, but the mainlanders just seem to have a culture of skimping on things and selling substandard goods in order to make a buck. I really think that 3 generations of communism was poisonous for their business ethics.

I think what I’d really like to see is a Taiwanese saw, selling for $5-600. The Chinese DO know how to make quality products, but the mainlanders just seem to have a culture of skimping on things and selling substandard goods in order to make a buck. I really think that 3 generations of communism was poisonous for their business ethics.

I agree with you, but will add that I remember when Made in Japan meant it was junk, if nails bent easy they were called "jap nails", sunbeam cars, or even the first Honda Cars were pretty much considered junk. Now days Japan's products are considered high quality.

That said, China has a ways to go be for being considered top quality, but their products are improving.

It seems weird to me that the assembled kit saws seem to not have near the issues that the kits have. Makes me wonder if they use better "grade" parts or different vendors for the assembled ones? It would be nice if someone took one apart to see how they got around tge issues or if the parts are just right and better?

It was said on one of the YouTube videos of the g660 that they were built for huztl by another company, not farmertec. True or not, I don't know. One thing that kinda makes me believe it is the g365 saw they sell has a 48mm cylinder unlike the 50 mm that the kit saw comes with.
It seems weird to me that the assembled kit saws seem to not have near the issues that the kits have. Makes me wonder if they use better "grade" parts or different vendors for the assembled ones? It would be nice if someone took one apart to see how they got around tge issues or if the parts are just right and better?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back