FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It came in plugged after I removed it for younger guy. Next thing you know he was wanting a D ring handle and then later he ordered a decomp. ;)
He said 200psi stock with base gasket. No clue never checked it myself.

I used to have the mentality of grip it and rip it too. But I grew up and got older and wiser. :cheers:
Passive aggressive much..... hahhahaha

......................Zip.........................

Just let us know in another 30 years added to your age now. ;)

30 more years, or a rotator cuff tear (for any other reason?) ought to do it eh
:oops:

I used a Husky decomp valve in my MS660 clone and it works as it is supposed to.

Decomp1.jpg

You probably could start my 660 without the decomp but it will 100% hurt you if it rips the rope thru your fingers. Hell it does that with the decomp in, because it usually kicks off on the first turnover. Only big saw ive seen that can hang in my shop 4 months and start on 1 pull if you can shut the choke off fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You probably could start my 660 without the decomp but it will 100% hurt you if it rips the rope thru your fingers. Hell it does that with the decomp in, because it usually kicks off on the first turnover. Only big saw ive seen that can hang in my shop 4 months and start on 1 pull if you can shut the choke off fast enough.

Maybe in 30 years I will remember all the advice of the white and gray hairs on here and put decomps back in my saws.... maybe....

Maybe in 30 years I will remember all the advice of the white and gray hairs on here and put decomps back in my saws.... maybe....
Im 35[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Its not a strength thing, its a..."the rope and your hand are headed in opposite directions" thing...

395 and oem 660 don't really need the decomp. The holzforma kicks harder. ElastoStart might help it

I got a HYWAY and STHIL needle cage bearing for the 660. Should I save the STHIL for my next build which I will use more STHIL parts and use the HYWAY or just ditch the HYWAY and get another STHIL needle cage bearing?

longer screw here in stihls manual.
on my clone the 16mm pokes through a little, while a 12 would be flush
23 - M5x12
24 - M5x16

Attachments

• 660.jpg
    660.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2
How do you identify if the MS660 kit has the HLIC carb? Also who sells the HLIC carb? Would like to put the bigger jet in it!
Again, you will have to look. eBay is where I would start and don't trust the photos. Ask? You can get the same in a walbro wj-70 or buy the wj-68 and put the larger jet in it. You got options.

How tight do you tighten the intake manifold clamp on the 660? I used a OEM clamp but boot came with the kit.
It's in my videos or website. I recall it's 5-6mm measured between the clamp opening. I demonstrate that. The oem clamp is best

Attachments

• IMG_20210502_183654.jpg
    IMG_20210502_183654.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 7
So my 2021 parts kit is built.
  1. No missing parts, 2 extra screws
  2. small area of bad paint inside bar oil area, had to scrap out loose paint
  3. circlips no longer have ears you need to clip
  4. chain adjuster needed brass tube to take some of the slop
  5. muffler needed a little persuasion to fit and a extra gasket
  6. both crank bearings were garbage - metal bits and damage. replaced with aftermarket
  7. used aftermarket gasket kit
  8. carb didnt work, flooded. did a full disassemble and ultrasound cleaning - now works great
  9. used a husky decomp
  10. no other problems - starts in 2 pulls

Latest posts

Back