FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy with the way mine runs so far, I got the kit from HL on a end of year sale. Used Oem clips, rod bearing, chain brake spring, HyWay decomp, Caber rings and some bar studs I pulled from a 031 pile. I am going to get a better fuel cap. It could oil better. I am most likely going to get a 24" bar for itIMG_0133.JPGIMG_0135.JPG

I am going to try an O-ring on the cap firts. I've been switching between the two gaskets they sent me. The problem isn't the cap, its that the cheap gaskets swell when they get gas on them... I'll post after I try it.... I got a 36" Archer Pro for the mill and picked up a Forester Palunum 25" that comes with a full chisel skip chain... I like the bar, but the chain they sent isn't the greatest so I grabbed an Oregon LGX full comp and it tears.... Good luck with it!

Happy with the way mine runs so far, I got the kit from HL on a end of year sale. Used Oem clips, rod bearing, chain brake spring, HyWay decomp, Caber rings and some bar studs I pulled from a 031 pile. I am going to get a better fuel cap. It could oil better. I am most likely going to get a 24" bar for itView attachment 626979View attachment 626978
Oh, and Bedford linked the part number for an aftermarket HO pump. I ordered one $15... I'll keep you updated.

Happy with the way mine runs so far, I got the kit from HL on a end of year sale. Used Oem clips, rod bearing, chain brake spring, HyWay decomp, Caber rings and some bar studs I pulled from a 031 pile. I am going to get a better fuel cap. It could oil better. I am most likely going to get a 24" bar for itView attachment 626979View attachment 626978
Looks good I also had to use oem oil and fuel caps but I did manage to figure out why the farmertec one leeks I have them as spares now. :chainsaw:

And I have a update on my saw I put my tack on it yesterday and I noticed that something was not right so I took the tack off it and put it on my other saw and yep I figured my tack is acting up so I need to get a new tack now. Lol

O-ring on fuel cap seems to get caught up in the threads and cause a high spot, and it leaks.
I managed to get both pieces apart on the oil cap and then took the black outer ring and sanded it down so it would allow the center to seal tightly on the rubber seal. The gas cap is next it's a little bit tougher to get apart. :angry:

Have a question for you Bedford T I'm wanting to change the high speed jet on my carb and I'm not sure what one I have in mine there's no number on the jet do you have an idea of what farmertec is using?? I went to my local Stihl dealer and the only jet they can get me is a. .66 :bowdown:

Have a question for you Bedford T I'm wanting to change the high speed jet on my carb and I'm not sure what one I have in mine there's no number on the jet do you have an idea of what farmertec is using?? I went to my local Stihl dealer and the only jet they can get me is a. .66 :bowdown:
Not sure what carb you have. But generally FarmerTec is cloning, making an excat copy of the carbs used in Stihl saws so your jets not big enough in my opinion. Give me an hour and check my website under kit facts. It was there. I must have entered it and then forgot to save. I will fix it. Look under kit facts in an hour
http://thechainsawkitguy.com

Back