FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still learning what these cylinders, rods, pistons, bearings, clutches and seals can handle. I wouldn't push it... Who needs more than 92 or 99 cc's pushing 12,900?
Yea that's true but I hope it turns out to be a saw it seems like it is right now and the funny thing is that it has very little vibration its pretty smooth.

Yea that's true but I hope it turns out to be a saw it seems like it is right now and the funny thing is that it has very little vibration its pretty smooth.
I'm in love with it. I've been restoring old pro level saws for so long that I almost forgot what it's like to have a new one. Since I still have the 54mm jug and piston and an extra pull start and a slew of other stuff, I'm really considering building another one... I really like this 56mm build right now.

I'm in love with it. I've been restoring old pro level saws for so long that I almost forgot what it's like to have a new one. Since I still have the 54mm jug and piston and an extra pull start and a slew of other stuff, I'm really considering building another one... I really like this 56mm build right now.
Have you tried one with the 54mm?? And if so how much of a difference did you see and feel between the two?

I think it's fun to build and use. You can run into problems. You gotta pay real close attention. I bought a cross cylinder wanting the coating. The geometry was off and unless you sat with your build and listened to the rise and fall of the piston in the cylinder your saw would fail in about 3 tanks. I caught mine others not so lucky. But the point is you gotta pay close attention to the smallest detail. It's up to you to make it right even when you are handed a bad part.

And it's clean

I think it's fun to build and use. You can run into problems. You gotta pay real close attention. I bought a cross cylinder wanting the coating. The geometry was off and unless you sat with your build and listened to the rise and fall of the piston in the cylinder your saw would fail in about 3 tanks. I caught mine others not so lucky. But the point is you gotta pay close attention to the smallest detail. It's up to you to make it right even when you are handed a bad part.

And it's clean
I was ariginly going to put a big bore on mine but herd that they had a lot of problems that's why I thought I'd ask first I'd be purity upset if I put a big bore cilinder on mine and had it blow up on me aspeshily when I can't really afford to go and buy another one. Lol

Have you tried one with the 54mm?? And if so how much of a difference did you see and feel between the two?
I haven't run the 54... It's still in the box... I've seen both cylinders tested for timed cuts and understand that there is a difference. The biggest problem with the 56 is that the piston doesn't fit down inside the cases, so they shortened the skirt... By doing that they took away our ability to lower the jug and mess with the squish numbers because the cylinder will have free port if you do... You can do a lot more to the 54... However, there is no replacement for displacement... Why port and deck the 54 to just get the performance of the 56? My 56mm jug and piston was $16 extra dollars when I added it to the kit...

I haven't run the 54... It's still in the box... I've seen both cylinders tested for timed cuts and understand that there is a difference. The biggest problem with the 56 is that the piston doesn't fit down inside the cases, so they shortened the skirt... By doing that they took away our ability to lower the jug and mess with the squish numbers because the cylinder will have free port if you do... You can do a lot more to the 54... However, there is no replacement for displacement... Why port and deck the 54 to just get the performance of the 56? My 56mm jug and piston was $16 extra dollars when I added it to the kit...
so yours didn't have any free port issues? I'm glad they fixed that problem.

The farmertec 56 at one time had a free port issue. I think that got solved recently. Read around on the subject. Mine is 54. Plenty saw for me
It's still right on the edge. I couldn't delete the gasket or deck the cylinder on the 56... I never even measured the squish because I couldn't do anything about it... My skirt was right at the bottom of the exhaust port with the gasket in... Now, this thing has the compression of a nuclear sub at 5000 feet... So I'm not really concerned.

It's still right on the edge. I couldn't delete the gasket or deck the cylinder on the 56... I never even measured the squish because I couldn't do anything about it... My skirt was right at the bottom of the exhaust port with the gasket in... Now, this thing has the compression of a nuclear sub at 5000 feet... So I'm not really concerned.
Well if I get bored with it someday I might try a 56mm. Lol

Latest posts

Back