FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but you could. The 15$ I spent you could not buy the parts to upgrade the farmertec, some did it in the early kit days, no problems. The case and gears are copies. It oils just like one made by Stihl, which in not enough in my opinion, I like my chain damp. Put a 20" and the sthil would have a damp chain, move up to 36" and not so much. I first noticed it on the 029. On a 16" bar it barely did it's job and you could see the effects on the bar. I guess it was use only enough to not impact the environment? I hated to see the Stihl bar degrade so I have paid attention. No other option on a 440. But the 660 ho works great on a 28 mine currently wears.
I guess I'll be getting a better one then. Lol but it would definitely be cheaper than replacing a bar that's for sure.

And ya know what is wierd about the "oiler", it seems to be "using" the right amount of oil per tank. But, it sure doesn't seem to be flying around the chain... Weird... I keep an antique brass push buttom oil can with me when I'm milling (mostly because I think its cool and secondly because my bar and chain costs more than this saw) and give the bar a couple squirts everytime I stop for a second.

And ya know what is wierd about the "oiler", it seems to be "using" the right amount of oil per tank. But, it sure doesn't seem to be flying around the chain... Weird... I keep an antique brass push buttom oil can with me when I'm milling (mostly because I think its cool and secondly because my bar and chain costs more than this saw) and give the bar a couple squirts everytime I stop for a second.
Hmmmm now you got me thinking about how how the bar is lining up with the oiler hole could look in to that.

The type wood your in effects the oil distribution too

Lot's of pine and maple here.
Yeah, I'm an East Coast guy. Lots of big hardwood, but I'm a woodworker and timber framer, so I mill everything. I'm building a barn, so I'm milling beams and lumber out of spf. I'm also clearing some lots of Norway Maple and milling that for woodworking. I also just milled a monster black oak and white oak for a customer. So I get a pretty good cross secrion.

Yeah, I'm an East Coast guy. Lots of big hardwood, but I'm a woodworker and timber framer, so I mill everything. I'm building a barn, so I'm milling beams and lumber out of spf. I'm also clearing some lots of Norway Maple and milling that for woodworking. I also just milled a monster black oak and white oak for a customer. So I get a pretty good cross secrion.
The black oak is hard stuff to cut I'm sure that takes a bit of time to mill.

The black oak is hard stuff to cut I'm sure that takes a bit of time to mill.
Heres the funny part. I torched my main mill saw the week I got the job. I pulled out one of my 25 year old, original stock jug Husky 268xp's, tossed on the Oregon 36" power match with rip chain and milled three 3000 pound logs. The saw ran great. Since that day, I've never put my ported and decked mill saw back on the mill. I've been running the 268 since. I built the 660 to take it's place, but I may just run the Husky till it dies. These green oak logs were 30" in the middle and a stock 268xp ripped right through them... So much for "needing" an 880 size saw ti mill...

Heres the funny part. I torched my main mill saw the week I got the job. I pulled out one of my 25 year old, original stock jug Husky 268xp's, tossed on the Oregon 36" power match with rip chain and milled three 3000 pound logs. The saw ran great. Since that day, I've never put my ported and decked mill saw back on the mill. I've been running the 268 since. I built the 660 to take it's place, but I may just run the Husky till it dies. These green oak logs were 30" in the middle and a stock 268xp ripped right through them... So much for "needing" an 880 size saw ti mill...
That's funny!! :surprised3:

Back