FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chiesel is to support the crank so extra stress is not placed on the crankpin. Pounding it together can brinell the the bearing races.
Anyone that pounds cases together should stay out of a shop.. And no, you don't need a cold chisel to support the crank when pressing cases on a 660.
The chiesel is to support the crank so extra stress is not placed on the crankpin. Pounding it together can brinell the the bearing races.
If you were "pounding" them together, I guess I could see the extra support. However, if you are gonna "pound" together cases in a fashion that you would damage a crank or bearing race, you should only work on your "own" equipment. And for anyone thats teying to see if they can build one of these kits, pounding the cases together isn't the proper way to assemble the crankcases on an MS 660...

Its been a year since we started building these kit and we have come along way and FarmerTec have made significant improvements. So newcomers don't have to wade though 160 pages. Lets start from scratch. I will put a link in both to the other so if there is something that need to be found, it will be.

I will kick it off with a build using the new improved MS660 kit. Pictures and build videos. It will fill up quick. The kit i just got is the best they have done yet and i will show you why. I can't start the cylinder until tuesday. But will be ready to go, then.

Here whats in the new kit. take a peak at the cylinder finish

Here's my farmertec 660 buildUeu.jpg

Here is step one of the build. I am going to keep the videos targeted in smaller run times
Case Assembly Step 1

I been on holiday and just logged back in. That is a nice looking kit. You got the handle portion done also, so its complete. nice job. how did you do that?

You sure can. But he has the orange portion on the handle too and he had to have done that.

When you buy the carbon shroud and filter cover and strap them on there is a large triangle of orange that is not covered. The kit builders had his covered and that's what I meant

Yeah it runs great I'm very pleased with the kit View attachment 626481

The only ornage on the farmertec saw is the stihl sticker on the guard for the underside
Nice. I have that exact same setup for my 36" GB mill. I even bought that Archer Pro 36.... Was gonna mill some today, but chores got me.

Like most Stihl not enough, to me. I put a high output and that made me happy.
I have 3 Husky's I mill with. I built this one to live on the mill, but I kinda like it. I've been doing tree jobs with it to break it in. I hate to kill it!!! When I'm milling, I use auxiliary oil anyway... I'll have to look for an HO pump. When I was cutting with a 25, I noticied it oiled a little light for my liking and it's turned all the way up... The Huskys oil plenty on the 36...

I have 3 Husky's I mill with. I built this one to live on the mill, but I kinda like it. I've been doing tree jobs with it to break it in. I hate to kill it!!! When I'm milling, I use auxiliary oil anyway... I'll have to look for an HO pump. When I was cutting with a 25, I noticied it oiled a little light for my liking and it's turned all the way up... The Huskys oil plenty on the 36...
Search 1122 640 3201 on the bay. You should find one for about 15$. Buy two just in case. That what I did.

Back