FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Huztl have that clutch cover listed somewhere on their site? I see it on ebay, but haven't located it yet on their site.

Clay

I changed the cylinder on mine before I even started it. Both tests were successful and I moved the flywheel under vacuum and it pulsed like it should have. I do have the decomp hole plugged for the test.
db51ba86af058bf042ba37a9bcb8527a.jpg
ca1120df2cd061e59d9fd53c5b4cc3bf.jpg

I started to buy one of those type filters. Mine just has the stock paper filter right now. I would rather have a foam filter. Do you oil that foam filter? I have rode and raced motorcycles all my life and you usually oil them with a special oil that is very tacky and I would think that would be very good in this environment. I always carry an extra filter because after putting that oil on it you would have a hard time cleaning it in the field. I usually use Dawn dish soap to clean this type of filter. But that would keep anything out of the intake. I also use grease around the contact surface where the airfilter seal onto the carb adaptor.

Brian

Do you do any muffler mods on your saws?

Brian
I will take both your at once. The grease is a good idea. I like you, used paper filters until I saw this one and it had the prefilter I use on all my paper filters. I thought the baffle might be worth a try. The oil filter is the best filter. Our team mate davhul bought one of those maxfilters and I think he is pleased with it except for the crappy thin orange cover. I asked them if they had plans to put a better one in the filter kit and they told me to go buy a 661 the plastic was better on that filter kit. Lol right. I have not oiled the foam under the paper filter. I thought they were using it more as a baffle than a filter. i thought the oil would mess up the paper. I did a good muffler mod on my 029. These kits have dual ports and not much restrictions and have not touched them. I think a mod can have added value depending on the muffler.

I looked at the first picture that you posted and thought it was a solid foam filter. I did not realize it was just a pre filter over a paper filter. I own a small motorcycle shop and I buy a very thin kind of course filter material for road bikes. Now you have me thinking about building a pre filter for my paper filters. The pre filter can be oiled and it will pick up a surprising amount of fine dirt with little to no restriction. I also keep it for very dusty off road races. I can put one on my bike filter and keep my main filter cleaner. Like on the Colorado 500 I can just remove the pre filter during the race and have a relatively fresh main filter. A paper filter with a foam oiled would keep your main filter cleaner for longer. You could keep an extra pre filter in a baggie pre oiled and change it during the day. This would give you a clean main paper filter instead of needing to clean it mid day and would make your paper filter last longer. I will see how much material I have in stock and try and make one tomorrow and post it here. It would be easy to make.

Brian

I looked at the first picture that you posted and thought it was a solid foam filter. I did not realize it was just a pre filter over a paper filter. I own a small motorcycle shop and I buy a very thin kind of course filter material for road bikes. Now you have me thinking about building a pre filter for my paper filters. The pre filter can be oiled and it will pick up a surprising amount of fine dirt with little to no restriction. I also keep it for very dusty off road races. I can put one on my bike filter and keep my main filter cleaner. Like on the Colorado 500 I can just remove the pre filter during the race and have a relatively fresh main filter. A paper filter with a foam oiled would keep your main filter cleaner for longer. You could keep an extra pre filter in a baggie pre oiled and change it during the day. This would give you a clean main paper filter instead of needing to clean it mid day and would make your paper filter last longer. I will see how much material I have in stock and try and make one tomorrow and post it here. It would be easy to make.

Brian
Great. I like pre filters. Made sense to me and I took up using them. Your experience with bikes gives you an edge with filtration knowledge. My buddy is way up on it also. I learn when I can.

What is this baffle? Can it be used instead of the foam in the paper filter? Is it used if you switch to the foam filter?

Brian
Yes I think they are used foam as a cost savings measure. The baffle should work fine. I am working on my saw if I don't get side tracked I will remove the foam from the paper filter and see if the baffle fits.

Guess which one was used on a fresh cylinder? Guess which one is the Stihl? Lol
2b76d7e023bff6111e1d500348ade48b.jpg

I did not know they had this.
People have various issues with the huztl. Mostly the cord. I replaced the cord with a stihl. My compression was so high as he pulled it, well it speaks for itself. It could happen to the Stihl, maybe. I got it installed. We will see.

Back