FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddjob seems to be fine, a helpful thing for seals and bearings would be a collection of different sized wrist pins from bigger engines. Wrist pins are awesome to have around.
Might be worth ones while to offer to prep pistons for scrap to get the wrist pins.

Are you pleased with the quality? Sure looks long, was mommy unhappy you brought the big fella indoors? Lol

The weather is frustrating

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Lol yes its a big one and heavy. But I have lots of big redwood trees to slab. So I need big saws. Got a 60" bar on my 895 Mac. This 660 will be my mid sized setup. Bar is around 8 pounds. Got to get 1 more chain for the 42" to grind into a ripping chain.
Nah she does not get pissed. I have 3 saws on the front room floor right now. I keep them really clean so not to much of a problem. I like to look at them.

Curious to know. I bought the high output oil pump from Ireland seller on eBay. It dose not seem to really oil much. Got it on full or turned up all the way and it oils just not a huge amount and it took it a good 5 minutes run time before it started to be visable on the chain. How much should I expect from it? I had not run the original kit pump with a bar so I don't know how it compares.

Curious to know. I bought the high output oil pump from Ireland seller on eBay. It dose not seem to really oil much. Got it on full or turned up all the way and it oils just not a huge amount and it took it a good 5 minutes run time before it started to be visable on the chain. How much should I expect from it? I had not run the original kit pump with a bar so I don't know how it compares.
I've been noticing with the oil pumps sometimes they need ran in or could say broke in then it should start pumping a good amount for you. I'm running the farmertec oiler in mine and it oils a 32" bar and chain that I just put on it with no problem what so ever and it seems to eat the same amount of bar oil as fuel hope this helps you out a little bit.

Bedford T sense I've been lacking the fund's to get a good cylinder kit for my ms660 I went ahead and bought another fantastic cylinder kit just for kicks I'll post some pics of it this evening befores and afters it's not a pretty one but I think I can clean it up and make it a good runner.

I've been noticing with the oil pumps sometimes they need ran in or could say broke in then it should start pumping a good amount for you. I'm running the farmertec oiler in mine and it oils a 32" bar and chain that I just put on it with no problem what so ever and it seems to eat the same amount of bar oil as fuel hope this helps you out a little bit.
Got you. I expected more. Was wondering if it just had air trapped in it still. I will keep cutting during break in. See if it comes around.

She is a ripper though. Cut a 34" log no problem. Just slices right through even though I have it on the fat side. Pretty darn happy with my budget 660. I ran it for awhile now I am going to check my cylinder bolts. Then she will be ready to rip again.

Got you. I expected more. Was wondering if it just had air trapped in it still. I will keep cutting during break in. See if it comes around.
Hope it does surprise being a high output you would think it would still run oil like crazy but never know
She is a ripper though. Cut a 34" log no problem. Just slices right through even though I have it on the fat side. Pretty darn happy with my budget 660. I ran it for awhile now I am going to check my cylinder bolts. Then she will be ready to rip again.
It's a great feeling when you build something and it runs like a charm good to here that it worked out for you maybe build another one for spare. Lol

The 660 max bar size is 36" so the oiler is not going to oil a 42" bar very well, it would be much better than the regular oiler. High out for the max bar size is the thought process for them. For you guys it means every bar size. You need an auxiliary oiler on your mill which is like a strap on tank. I would definitely only use Stihl silver bar oil while you are noddling or with only the long bar and a auxillary at all times on the mill or the bar and chain will not last. Good job on checking those head bolts the vibration is really hard on them.

http://www.baileysonline.com/shop.a...Ylr1krYl7But-JjAKbX7fM7m2gUl0aghoCLYwQAvD_BwE
80f7e6117c4cbf655d7ae161fcb15d85.jpg

Think I am going to do an 070 next with 090 cylinder.
You would not want to mess with the 660 again on the mill after using the big boy. The bars are not going to be interchangeable. I suggest you stick with the 404. Yeah it's a a pain having different chains but a big chain on a big bar cuts good. Others will argue to the death over that. I wish my phone would alert me when posts are made

Bedford T sense I've been lacking the fund's to get a good cylinder kit for my ms660 I went ahead and bought another fantastic cylinder kit just for kicks I'll post some pics of it this evening befores and afters it's not a pretty one but I think I can clean it up and make it a good runner.
What did you get?

Did you check the position of the oiler hole in your new bar, size, position can also have an impact on distribution, just one of many things we need to keep an eye on. You would think there would be no need to check but lately I find there is a great many reasons to check everything out first hand. The oiler you bought is keeping my 28" bar wet with oil the kit oiler was much lighter. The stroke is .9 on kit oiler and h/o is 1.15mm the 1.15 is .2 fluid ounces per minute

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back