FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call sf and get your tracking number updated once it hits new york.
Mine ca
Hey do you guys know when huztl ships from china with SF Express do they transfer to the mail or ups for delivery or who actually brings it to my door?
Mine came in 3 days. It shipped from NJ by FedEx. I was shocked it came so quickly. I was expecting the slow boat from China.

5 days out of Daytona Beach via FedEx for me, Add the 6th day for FedEx to knowingly leave my $1000 HLSupply order at the wrong address down the street but thankfully that neighbor told them to take it back instead of enjoying free gifts :cold:

:badpc:

What are my options since no one has stated about which saw or saws to buy? So the only choice is to buy one more of each. I like back ups so having two of every thing makes sense. If you put in a long day in putting the kits together they can be running in the same day. However anything under 60 CC does not seem to have much value. I still have a Stihl 011 that some how always ran when needed and seemed to be handy too. The 011 crank is so worn out that it does somersaults on every stroke. Thanks

What are my options since no one has stated about which saw or saws to buy? So the only choice is to buy one more of each. I like back ups so having two of every thing makes sense. If you put in a long day in putting the kits together they can be running in the same day. However anything under 60 CC does not seem to have much value. I still have a Stihl 011 that some how always ran when needed and seemed to be handy too. The 011 crank is so worn out that it does somersaults on every stroke. Thanks
. No one should say what you should buy. This is the 660 thread. The 440 and the 660 are the two kits I recommend, I own both, both are capable. I know excatly what it takes to make them good copies of the real thing. If you need long bar access the 660 is the choice or on the other side the 440 is the winner.

kit info & packing lists @ http://thechainsawkitguy.com

Like Bedford T said we can't tell you what to get but I can tell you what I would personally get and that's the ms440 and ms660 but it's your choice in the end on what you prefer :rock:

Well, I had a few minutes to get the crank installed and the case halves together.
I have heard on here about relieving the lateral tension on the bearings. Im not quite sure what that means. I work on textile machinery at work and have installed hundreds of bearings. If I put them in a housing I press on the outer race, if I put them on a shaft I press the inner race. Im not quite sure what is meant by lateral tension on these bearings.1526328761030965986112.jpg

Well, I had a few minutes to get the crank installed and the case halves together.
I have heard on here about relieving the lateral tension on the bearings. Im not quite sure what that means. I work on textile machinery at work and have installed hundreds of bearings. If I put them in a housing I press on the outer race, if I put them on a shaft I press the inner race. Im not quite sure what is meant by lateral tension on these bearings.View attachment 652176
Does the crank spin with a little force, is it sorta centered then your good. If it feels like it's binding then take a rubber mallet and pop the spindle on the end and that should release any tension

Wow, This is the first pic I have ever posted. I wasn't sure how to do it. It looks like I should have selected thumbnail instead of full image. Is that what you guys do?
The cranks spins easily. I took a plastic hammer and tapped each end to center it the best I could. .025" gauge goes in easily on one side and snugly on the other.
I will try to get the crank seals, piston and cylinder on tomorrow. Should I post pics showing my progress?
Thanks guys.

I went to order the 440 & 660 direct from HLSupply and only the 660’s were available at that time (week .5 ago?)

Wish I had gotten both :laugh:

That would have been my answer. If I was building a smaller saw, I’d probably just find an OEM rebuild project tho

Can you properly check squish with out the rings installed? I checked it on both sides parallel to the piston pin. It was .040 with NO base gasket and no rings. Should I go with out the gasket or put rings and gasket and check it again.
Thanks for your help guys

Can you properly check squish with out the rings installed? I checked it on both sides parallel to the piston pin. It was .040 with NO base gasket and no rings. Should I go with out the gasket or put rings and gasket and check it again.
Thanks for your help guys
Rings should not effect it. Your measuring above the rings. I caution you about treating that crank like a oem and loading it up. I think failures occur when that's over done. Just consider it.

Rings should not effect it. Your measuring above the rings. I caution you about treating that crank like a oem and loading it up. I think failures occur when that's over done. Just consider it.

I am new to this. First time I ever checked squish. I want to do this right that is why I am taking my time and asking questions.
I have heard on here that .020 is a good squish number. Mine is twice that with no gasket. I didn't measure the gasket. I m just wondering if I should use the gasket or delete it
Thanks

I think some look at it like it's a race to the bottom. Less = more compression on a aftermarket crank makes no sense to me. I have deleted the gasket before on 660 kits and on yours that would make sense. Use some goo on it.

It's no trouble to ask questions. You may get different answers and that's ok. You can also reask the question. Say I am getting opposing answers. It's ok

I am new to this. First time I ever checked squish. I want to do this right that is why I am taking my time and asking questions.
I have heard on here that .020 is a good squish number. Mine is twice that with no gasket. I didn't measure the gasket. I m just wondering if I should use the gasket or delete it
Thanks
Before I wood say go without base gasket I would like to see some pictures of the inside of the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back