FarmerTec MS200t What's in the Box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
I am posting this here so you can get a good look at the parts included in the kit. I briefly had a 020 topper. The video is clear enough on a good desktop for you to see the parts real well. I was unsure of the quality of the copy's handle because I have never handled a bare one. My 192t gave me enough to gauge the others. So that covers finish but I have fit yet to go. I am concerned about the filter cover, as there is concern on those even with OEM.

The obvious missing parts are the belt hook and the shutter. I will report anything I find. The aftermarket cylinder was very good. I always replace certain parts with OEM. For the guys building for a hobby I am putting an assembly series together on my Youtube channel.

Thanks for doing this, looks like a decent kit, I’ll be watching for the build.

I just can’t wrap my head around the price...

-Jud

Thanks for doing this, looks like a decent kit, I’ll be watching for the build.
I just can’t wrap my head around the price...
-Jud

prices are crazy. they asked for 38$ for the piston bearing at the dealer today and the next dealer asked for 29$.

Here is the balance of the parts in the kit. I found the trigger had some extra plastic on it and the spring would not fit. I was dry fitting the handle, jsut playing pretend. Handle is good. Still concerned about its fit. We shall see. i have a few parts coming and I will get started on assembly. I ordered some oem circlips, piston bearing, foil for the base of the case and the vent and the spring summer shutter. I dont think, i am not buying the belt clip.

The brake band was incomplete. I went to order another to satisfy myself and discovered the band is the wrong size too! Just a heads up. The correct size in photo has the numb that is missing. Common to several models like my 192t
292aacc4d7803968b2f0cfe62cd172f3.jpg

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Been running the 'pre-Huztl kit' MS200T with 90% Farmertec parts for a few months now, 20+ tanks to date. Was an experiment running everything stock as received to see what fails. OEM parts were screws, springs and a used OEM carburetor. Farmertec bearings, seals, piston etc all seems to be holding up and wearing fine. Even the Farmertec spark plug works. Slight fitment issues with the plastic covers over the brake and the oiler that needed some trimming.
Only major problem was the AM carburetor not idling, which i replaced with a rebuilt OEM with accelerator plugged. And now, trying to solve the melting intake boot mystery.
Bedford's last video was about the handle. He did a great job showing how this is assembled. It's a bit confusing at if you are doing it for the first time. One observations is that the handle does not have markings for the switch; I have the same issue, so ended up tattooing markings with a center punch.
Also, I had to make the metal slide for the handle vent out of sheet metal, picture below for those of you who have problems getting this part.
upload_2018-10-7_2-20-3.png

Been running the 'pre-Huztl kit' MS200T with 90% Farmertec parts for a few months now, 20+ tanks to date. Was an experiment running everything stock as received to see what fails. OEM parts were screws, springs and a used OEM carburetor. Farmertec bearings, seals, piston etc all seems to be holding up and wearing fine. Even the Farmertec spark plug works. Slight fitment issues with the plastic covers over the brake and the oiler that needed some trimming.
Only major problem was the AM carburetor not idling, which i replaced with a rebuilt OEM with accelerator plugged. And now, trying to solve the melting intake boot mystery.
Bedford's last video was about the handle. He did a great job showing how this is assembled. It's a bit confusing at if you are doing it for the first time. One observations is that the handle does not have markings for the switch; I have the same issue, so ended up tattooing markings with a center punch.
Also, I had to make the metal slide for the handle vent out of sheet metal, picture below for those of you who have problems getting this part.
View attachment 678649

Intake boot is melting from heat or getting eaten up by fuel mix? I imagine they are usIng rubber that doesn’t like ethanol.

Intake boot is melting from heat or getting eaten up by fuel mix? I imagine they are usIng rubber that doesn’t like ethanol.
Heat related. Melted outside near the cylinder. Still trying to diagnose it. Could be material for boot, but could be fuel. Running at about 40:1 stihl ultra mixed with Costco 91 octane.

I don't see how the manifold would fail from fuel before your fuel lines. Lines swim in it and they look to be the same material. I bet they reformulated the material to protect against fuel damage and did not cover heat. I will just get a better one and move on.

The oil line is crap. If your oiler has a low output suspect that line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

An OEM 9512-003-2040 needle cage retails for $16 from an honest dealer and the intake manifold is $30. And while comparing parts and numbers with the 200T, don't confuse the 020AV (1114 series) with the 020T and the 020 rear handle (1129 series). Different animal altogether while the 020T essentially is a 200T with the 020 just being a rear handled version. That 9x13x12.5 needle cage is the rod end bearing for an 020AV which does also use ball bearings for the crank while the 020 uses roller bearings as does the 020T, 200T, and 201T. (Just tossing this into the mix for clarity/accuracy.)

Was just commenting the other day to someone about why there wasn't a 200T kit yet. Guess there is, huh? LOL

So how long have these been available and what do they cost? Seems like they could do well once the QC bugs get sorted out.

I covered some of what you just said above.

Right now 170$ plus will get you a kit. First time since the 070 that I did not want to immediately buy another cylinder.

I am taking it slow. I am finding problems. Today found the oil hose closing off, that is a problem that could cause folks to suspect their oiler

Slow and steady

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Latest posts

Back