FarmerTec MS200t What's in the Box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is typical Farmertec. This kit if it follows the others will not be full of great parts when they redo them.

I forget I found a new oem oiler for 23$ and bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_121040.jpg
    IMG_20181013_121040.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
That is typical Farmertec. This kit if it follows the others will not be full of great parts when they redo them.

Hey BedfordT, can you clarify something for me...

You said that previously FT offered many of the parts, but there were, shall we say, QC issues... and FT would not offer a complete “kit” on the 200T because of this.
Now, supposedly, they have ironed out many of the issues with the parts, and have a complete kit they offer.
But you said “this kit if it follows the others will not be full of great parts when they redo them.” I also read above that someone ordered replacement FT parts and the quality went down from before... :-(

Do you mean they will lose quality on the kit in the future, and this is the best the kit will ever be?

Can anyone help me here... a lot of the Huztl / Farmertec kits are fun, and usually about $145 buys you a copy of what is a $700 saw. But the MS200T kit is $172.80 (Normally $216, 20% off at the moment), which makes it just a little bit more than the average Farmertec knock-off kit. Then DHL / TNT / UPS / FedEX shipping is $49.89 for delivery of said kit. So now you're in for $222.69.
And this saw kit doesn't appear to come with a bar or chain, so you've got to outlay something for that... maybe you have something already you can use, but you might not. Maybe you can pick up a cheapie set on ebay for $20, although you'll probably spend at least $35 for something name-brand and to feel like you're getting something at least a little better than the cheapest thing available.
But even so, let's say you cheaped out on the B&C and you're at $250 all in at this point. Are you free and clear? Have you snagged a great DEAL on a direct clone of a legendary climbing saw? I mean, come on, even beat-to-hell used ones are selling on ebay for $400-$500 dollars!

Right off the bat it says that it is missing parts (slide and bracket). Plus a bunch of parts are felt to be of such low quality that its recommended to buy OEM or AM replacements.
Fuel lines, intake boot, crank bearings, seals, piston ring, piston circlip, etc etc etc. I don't know all the parts that are "bad", but I know that you don't HAVE to replace them, just that many people feel they would. I know LoneWolf who works on OEM 200Ts left and right has said many of the Farmertec parts are sh't and no-where near OEM quality, so you probably SHOULD spend a little more to get some quality where it matters. After all, if your $5 intake boot fails, there goes another $33 for a meteor piston kit. If you don't get a $10 carb, you might have $225 into a saw that doesn't run right and isn't really usable. You catch my drift...

So if you'd like to pick and choose your quality parts mixed into the cheap kit, how much more do you need to spend to get this kit saw into the reliable category? $30? $50? $100?

Not to mention, some of the people who have reviewed the cylinder say it isn't the best. There is casting flash that they felt they needed to clean up, or it didn't seal well against the case to make much compression. And when putting the saw together some things just don't fit. Other times things require you to have to modify them (sometimes creatively come up with a solution) to get it to work. Are we having fun yet cutting any wood?

The reason I'm asking is there is another thread on another site talking about the Echo top handle saws. For $350 I can walk into a local Home Depot and buy a new CS355T top handle saw that gets great reviews, AND comes with a 16" bar and chain, AND comes with a 5 year warranty (for non commercial use) in case anything goes wrong.

So when comparing the $250+ Chinese knock-off to a $350 Japanese original, is it just the fun of putting together a chainsaw from pieces that makes it look like this is a good idea?
If you want/need a top handle saw to use and depend on, you should buy the echo. The kits are fun projects but they are hit and miss as far as quality. I built the 660 kit and it is not very good, a lot of problems with it. Then I built the Husqvarna kit and it had a few problems as well but it runs very well. It cranks good and runs like a dream. I really like that saw. I wish I would not have bought the 660. If I want to get it running right, I m going to have to put even more money in it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hey BedfordT, can you clarify something for me...
You said that previously FT offered many of the parts, but there were, shall we say, QC issues... and FT would not offer a complete “kit” on the 200T because of this.
Now, supposedly, they have ironed out many of the issues with the parts, and have a complete kit they offer.
But you said “this kit if it follows the others will not be full of great parts when they redo them.” I also read above that someone ordered replacement FT parts and the quality went down from before... :-(
Do you mean they will lose quality on the kit in the future, and this is the best the kit will ever be?

Derf, personally I am think there is a balance Farmertec/Huztl is trying to hit with quality and price point. Believe they are trying to get a well priced functioning saw kit, so to reduce component cost, things like the chain-catcher can be compromised in exchange for a more critical part like carburetor for example ... just guessing of course from the parts I received.
Also, parts are coming from different manufacturers, so there will always be inconsistencies since Huztl is just a retail outlet. The fuel-vent lines I had originally came with the tank-handle as a complete assembly, the fuel-vent line I bought later is a stand-alone item in Huztl; the former and latter probably came from different factories with different QC standards/protocols.
I think if enough people make legitimate complaints about problem parts on social forums and in Huztl's Fbook & website, the more likely Huztl will retool and improve on the parts in the set. It benefits everyone in the end, especially Farmertec/Huztl. They want your business, so I am sure they are reading the posts on AS and keeping tabs.

Quick question as I haven’t yet had time to read this thread so it may have been answered..

Do these 200T cases seem decent? I’d like to complete one of mine that needs a new case, everything else OEM & mint so a new case would make her purty. The 660 case Ive used out of a kit worked just fine so I’m hoping the same for the 200T

Quick question as I haven’t yet had time to read this thread so it may have been answered..
Do these 200T cases seem decent? I’d like to complete one of mine that needs a new case, everything else OEM & mint so a new case would make her purty. The 660 case Ive used out of a kit worked just fine so I’m hoping the same for the 200T

The crankcase I have from July looks very nice and well made, all the parts fit to the case with no issues. Even the cylinder and piston looked nicely machined, piston tolerance is about .002" looser at the skirts compared to OEM, but probably too little to affect performance. The parts that have some QC issues are the plastic, hoses and boot.

The crankcase I have from July looks very nice and well made, all the parts fit to the case with no issues. Even the cylinder and piston looked nicely machined, piston tolerance is about .002" looser at the skirts compared to OEM, but probably too little to affect performance. The parts that have some QC issues are the plastic, hoses and boot.

Good to know, much appreciated. With a new case she’ll look purty :rock:

Super happy with the case. The landing is perfect, all surfaces we're machined so nicely. And they put their brand on it in a real nice tiny logo. I been telling bthem for several years to brand their stuff and have tuff quailty controls. No reason Farmertec could not mean awesome rather than "damn"

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://www.youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

I bet they understand the thinking I can save money on a chain catcher quailty is just wrong. Chain comes off these things and damage to flesh and saw happen.

They are new capitalist. When I had discussions with them and explained where they were screwing up they would blame their worker. Which would infuriate me. I said no it's your big managers fault (there that is a political leader) they have to train worker. Give worker a photo of a good part and put it next to where they work. Anypart that does not look exactly like that is returned to the vendor. I said when you find a kit box for example that has a 440 brake spring in 660 box because your customers are complaining. Put a couple best guys on it and empty trailer, open each box and just toss right part in and seal box up and restack trailer. We will be happy, you will be happy. Your name will mean reliability and quailty. I quit buying from them. I was so pissed. I am cautiously optimistic after looking at this kit that they listened, a buddy bought a blue saw last week took cylinder off and he said wow, awesome. Last year if you would have done that on an engine you would have been pissed. People would ask for my help with them and I could not depend on them.

I hear people are still getting bad parts. I wonder if they are doing what they all ways did and sell the bad stuff to get rid of it and is it possible now, replace it with good stuff that they are branding. I don't have a firm grip on it yet.

We will see how it goes.

Derf, personally I am think there is a balance Farmertec/Huztl is trying to hit with quality and price point. Believe they are trying to get a well priced functioning saw kit, so to reduce component cost, things like the chain-catcher can be compromised in exchange for a more critical part like carburetor for example ... just guessing of course from the parts I received.
Also, parts are coming from different manufacturers, so there will always be inconsistencies since Huztl is just a retail outlet. The fuel-vent lines I had originally came with the tank-handle as a complete assembly, the fuel-vent line I bought later is a stand-alone item in Huztl; the former and latter probably came from different factories with different QC standards/protocols.
I think if enough people make legitimate complaints about problem parts on social forums and in Huztl's Fbook & website, the more likely Huztl will retool and improve on the parts in the set. It benefits everyone in the end, especially Farmertec/Huztl. They want your business, so I am sure they are reading the posts on AS and keeping tabs.

No reason to get in a place where you have regrets. A 15 year old with supervision could take the info available and build an awesome saw if Daddy gave him a credit card.

If you want/need a top handle saw to use and depend on, you should buy the echo. The kits are fun projects but they are hit and miss as far as quality. I built the 660 kit and it is not very good, a lot of problems with it. Then I built the Husqvarna kit and it had a few problems as well but it runs very well. It cranks good and runs like a dream. I really like that saw. I wish I would not have bought the 660. If I want to get it running right, I m going to have to put even more money in it.

No reason to get in a place where you have regrets. A 15 year old with supervision could take the info available and build an awesome saw if Daddy gave him a credit card.

That's my point. If I want the 660 to be an awesome saw, I need a credit card to keep spending more and more money on it to replace the bad parts that I have already used a credit card to pay for the first time. That's why I regret buying it. Its a money pit. I know some guys have gotten really good kits but mine is not one of them.
The Husqvarna kit on the other hand is an awesome saw. I had to delete base gasket and replace the decomp and that's it. It starts great and runs awesome.

Hey new to the forum, I just found it while searching my problem on google.
I try to run nothing but 200’s their my favorite climbing saw.
I received and built my kit saw last week and it was pretty straight forward.
For the week that I’ve ran it I’ve had a few problems, some I’ve fixed, one “maybe” and the worst one I’m looking for a fix.
I’ve fixed the oil line and carb with oem. I have a hard to start when it’s hot that maybe the boot after looking at the pics above.
And the last I can’t figure out it the vibration. With or without the bar it has a vibration like a poulan wild thing. It’s something I can’t get over if I can’t find a fix.
I’m guessing the crank or the flywheel.
A Oem flywheel or crank is out the question due to the price. I’m thinking I should have got a new 201 or try this echo everyone’s mentioning.
Has anyone else had this problem?

For the week that I’ve ran it I’ve had a few problems, some I’ve fixed, one “maybe” and the worst one I’m looking for a fix.
I’ve fixed the oil line and carb with oem. I have a hard to start when it’s hot that maybe the boot after looking at the pics above.
And the last I can’t figure out it the vibration. With or without the bar it has a vibration like a poulan wild thing. It’s something I can’t get over if I can’t find a fix.
A Oem flywheel or crank is out the question due to the price. I’m thinking I should have got a new 201 or try this echo everyone’s mentioning.
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. If someone here can't come up with a fix, there probably isn't one. There are some really sharp guys on here. I have learned a lot and have a lot to learn. Good luck with your saw.

Replace the 3 av and definitely replace the boot. I keep looking at mine.

The boot could cause the saw to run crappy on top of the av's, I suspected I could have had issues ingoring them.

The balance on the crank seemed great by touch

I got a notice of a post and it tells me it's blocked, if someone just asked me a question I can't see it because at some point I found them to be foul mouth and evil so I blocked them. That tells me that it's some petty attempt rather than a serious question. Likely could be cleared up by using a dictionary or some common sense. Lol

Vibration could be an assembly error. Check all your AV, your tank bolts, the clutch bearing, bar stud, the flywheel (it may be rubbing the coil on one side, check to see if you bolted it down while the magnets were contacting).

The intake boots can leak easily, I assemble them with ThreeBond 1184 on the intake spigot. It's relatively easy to put the plastic boot ring on incorrectly or incompletey also. I doubt that's your vibration but it could be related to a dificult hot start. Used OEM cranks and flywheels are available relatively cheap on Ebay.

You probably know all that already, but that's what I would do.

Latest posts

Back