Favorite Chainsaw Of All Time!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one saw that I will never part with is the Jonsereds Raket 621 - mostly for nostalgic reasons, but I also think it was state of the art when it appeared in 1970.

well,
if favorite can be measured by time used then the 039 ranks on top. i usually reach for the smallest saw that wil do the job and many times its the 039. i found this saw lying beside the road so with new bar n chain and piston n rings i have < 100 bucks in it. with muff job and ported it rolls right along w/ 20" bar. of course i use the bigger saws for felling n bucking when necessary but when 20" is enough or my feet are not on the ground the 039 is in my hands.

Homelite

Favorite of all time so far: My poulan pro 445 I bought from Marco back in 1998 or so. I bought it new with a 24" bar and chain. I use it regularly and haven't had a problem. Runs the 24" with 3/8" full comp in hardwood no problem; and it really goes!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd choice: Homelite XP- 1020 powermaster: I have these old clunks set up with a 30" bar with .404 skip. In hardwood I've had the bar buried and tried to stop this old girl with all I had and she just kept chugging along. Tough old bird! Loud, sucks lots of fuel, and heavy. But in my opinion if you want something big blocked up she handles the job with ease!

smcowboy1974 said:
... My poulan pro 445 I bought from Marco back in 1998 or so. I bought it new with a 24" bar and chain. I use it regularly and haven't had a problem. Runs the 24" with 3/8" full comp in hardwood no problem; and it really goes!!!!!!!!!!!!
That should be the same saw as the Partner 710, and originally a Partner construction, probably also made in Sweden.
Way better saw than most other Poulan Pro models.:biggrinbounce2:

Take a look at the "Poulan Pro" tread that is going on!

Back