Favorite Firewood saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
whats your favorite firewood saw??? i like my 036 myself:D lets here it:angel:

Most defiantly my Greffardized 2149..I run 20'' bar with .375 chain. keep it "sharp" it dose a very good job.

I half to admit my favorate saw to run is my 360CC Pro with a 16" bar and .325 chain with a special grind on the chain. But for the 22" hardwood (cherry/oak/sugar maple) I like my 3120KD.

Chris

Firewood? That's groundman work!

Brian aka Rocky J Squirrel
prima donna climber who doesn't touch wood after it hits the ground. :p

I used a Homie 923, that was a good saw, but then I got a Jonsered 70E. I loved that saw. but I heard that the ign systems on them failed regularly and had become hard to get, so I traded for a 670. Great saw. Along the way, I've also had an Echo 702 and 1001 (702 was Ok, 1001 was too big and heavy for firewood)and a few others I forget.

I stuck the 670 last spring, and am collecting parts to rebuild...I have a desire to find a new or very good Husky 272 jug for it, send it to Dennis for his personal incantations, and stick the covers from my 625 on it, just to scare the shorts off of my bro-in-law with his much-bragged-about 039 stihl.
Ha!

Currently am getting by with 2149 Jons, 2055 Jons, aforementioned 625 Jons, and 395 Husky for regular use. Fave? Probably split between the 2149 and 2055. light, fast, and easy on the back for long sessions. 625 is a real good saw, pretty good torque, but not a max speed screamer. 395 was purchased for milling and too much saw for firewood on a constant basis.

With what we have around here now, has to be a nice lightweight 026 ! :blob2: :blob4: :blob1:

Probably the 2149 Jonsered or 956 Efco. (18" .325)

I'm getting real sensitive to weight, age , arthritus, etc.

I'm for them to market an 8.5 pound dry weight 45cc saw that turns high rpm and make about 3.3hp; something like a slightly scaled down and souped up 2149.

Last edited:
Definately my 066 Magnum, during the week. On the weekends..., probably my mothers Black & Decker recargeable....., nuff said.

Homelte Super EZ. It cuts great and is lighter than my Husky 272 or 3120. Of course it is also lighter than my Stihls 038, 044, and 084

Back