Favorite Saw You Own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would you rate your 462 c-m? I've toyed with getting a 462 but if I'm being practical, I don't really need one for what I'm typically cutting. Does it blow you away compared to a 562 - do you notice any weight difference? you running the Stihl 24" lightweight bar? Your thoughts? Thanks!
I haven't even ran a full tank thru it yet, seems to be a good saw though. At first I was disappointed in it, I thought it was a letdown like the 261cm vs2 was for me(just didn't live up to the hype of the stihl heads, good saw though nothing mind blowing, rather run a 550mk1), but after I did the reset on it it seems to be running well. I think I'll get some time on it this Saturday on a large maple and pine I'll be taking down, then I'll know better. I'm guessing it will be a keeper because it is lighter than my other 70's. Yes I have a 24 lightweight on it, I also have a 20 LW I could run on it, but I want a set of smaller dogs if I run the 20.
It will eat a 562 up pretty quick, I've never been to impressed with them, just rather grab a 70.
I know in the end I still prefer husky for handling, the newer stihls have a little more of an angle on the handle, for now small lightweight stihls are good and bigger ones do fine bucking for me. I'll cut with whatever I have in my hands though but as the thread would indicate we all have our favorites. I have favorites in each class :).
Few other videos of it in the same wood but before I reset the mtronics, it was a slug, glad it came to life.

I haven't even ran a full tank thru it yet, seems to be a good saw though. At first I was disappointed in it, I thought it was a letdown like the 261cm vs2 was for me(just didn't live up to the hype of the stihl heads, good saw though nothing mind blowing, rather run a 550mk1), but after I did the reset on it it seems to be running well. I think I'll get some time on it this Saturday on a large maple and pine I'll be taking down, then I'll know better. I'm guessing it will be a keeper because it is lighter than my other 70's. Yes I have a 24 lightweight on it, I also have a 20 LW I could run on it, but I want a set of smaller dogs if I run the 20.
It will eat a 562 up pretty quick, I've never been to impressed with them, just rather grab a 70.
I know in the end I still prefer husky for handling, the newer stihls have a little more of an angle on the handle, for now small lightweight stihls are good and bigger ones do fine bucking for me. I'll cut with whatever I have in my hands though but as the thread would indicate we all have our favorites. I have favorites in each class :).
Few other videos of it in the same wood but before I reset the mtronics, it was a slug, glad it came to life.

Thanks for the feedback :cheers:... I'm hoping that video was before the reset as you're either into deep frozen wood or .... looks pretty weak there. One tank through, ya I guess it's too early to judge for sure, but if you get around to doing any vids when it starts to catch fire and loosen up, I'll be watching. Thanks for helping me keep my money in the wallet. For now, I'll make do with my 562 :happybanana:

Thanks for the feedback :cheers:... I'm hoping that video was before the reset as you're either into deep frozen wood or .... looks pretty weak there. One tank through, ya I guess it's too early to judge for sure, but if you get around to doing any vids when it starts to catch fire and loosen up, I'll be watching. Thanks for helping me keep my money in the wallet. For now, I'll make do with my 562 :happybanana:
That was about 20 or so cuts into a nice square chain in very hard frozen ash.
Its totally broke in, I bought it used, so that's as loose as she'll get.
Just talked to a buddy and he was telling me his new to him 462 beat his ported 562 by 3 seconds in a decent sized log.

That was about 20 or so cuts into a nice square chain in very hard frozen ash.
Its totally broke in, I bought it used, so that's as loose as she'll get.
Just talked to a buddy and he was telling me his new to him 462 beat his ported 562 by 3 seconds in a decent sized log.

Ice log making a 462 look pretty lame :p Damn, just when I thought I'm happy with what I've got, you go and spoil it. :laugh:

Ice log making a 462 look pretty lame :p Damn, just when I thought I'm happy with what I've got, you go and spoil it. :laugh:
Yeah I do a lot of testing in hard wood, its much easier to see the difference between saws/chains.
Just keep keeping on as if you did know any better and all will be fine, and 99% of the population won't know any different :).

Dolkita 6401/7910 is my number one go to saw. Beyond that, the ms200t if I'm leaving the ground and the 394xp for the really big stuff. What I consider to be the ultimate 3 saw plan...

Dolkita 6401/7910 is my number one go to saw. Beyond that, the ms200t if I'm leaving the ground and the 394xp for the really big stuff. What I consider to be the ultimate 3 saw plan...
What's up Rob.
That 394 in the tree seems a bit excessive don't you think lol.
I just snagged another 200t last week, strong little saws, I enjoy the 200 rear handle I've got.
Didn't you have a 2511 or the wes(rear handle version) too.

My favorite saw is the Huztl ms440 kit saw I built. Not only do I have the pride of knowing I assembled every part of it, it runs sweet and jumps through hardwood with a 25" bar!
7def063ffc3257c32ca2879998d631bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Favorite saw I own: 562xp
I’ve been running it lately with 24 & 28” bars, but today I put the 20 on for some firewood bucking. It’s really an impressive saw with the 20, amazingly fast! I just can’t get enough of it!

Favorite saw the company owns: 390xp
It’s an amazing felling saw. It does get a bit heavy after running it all day, but it’s got balls where it counts. No problem running a 32” bar with it.

Between the 2, I’d rather carry the 562 around all day. In a perfect world and on paper, I think a 572 is just right, but I’ve never had the pleasure...

For big wood it’s the husky 2100cd /2101 Xp 24” bars for medium sized wood and larger tops it’s the husky 266 se 18” bar for the smaller wood and tops it was my husky 240sg 16” bars professional model. I don’t like attacking wood with longer bars than it needs. Be safe.

I was cutting tops once and ran across the tip of my logging boots with a long bar. I learned on the job to match the bar length to the task at hand.

Gotta do what's best for you :).
I'd be happy with any of those models, although I may have chosen differently in the 50cc class lol.

I know, but nevertheless this was my choice based on so many things important to me. I guess as the consumer we are all the winners, because we have the privilege of choice to our own preferences.

Back