Favorite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Ok Ok Ok, I don't want to start a Husqvarna Vs Stihl Vs Dolamr Vs McC war, so whats your FAVORITE Beer? I love CoorsLight, nice and Easy to drink, But My FAVORITE is Innis&Gunn. Its a little pricier than I would like, but hey you get what you pay for. If you want to Keep it ChainSaw related too, so it doesn't get moved you CAN mention your favorite Brand Saw too. Did you see Which Brand Got FIRST billing when I listed the Them???? Thats Right HUSQVARNA. Have a good weekend fellas.

Skier, My Uncle loves his 362 c-m too. He and I were cutting at one of my dads sites couple of weeks ago. I tell ya what, I never thought Id notice the lighter wait of those 60cc saws. But after a couple hours of wielding my 75cc Husky, I picked up his 362 and yeah its does feel a bit lighter. Didn't have the power of the bigger saws, but sure was a bit lighter. It has a date with a certain monkey, so I think it might hold its weight better when it returns to us.

Barq's, Molson Golden or Heineken- all good. Captain Lawrence IPA climbing the list.
Dolmar's new PS-6100 has seriously turned my head in favor of Dolmar. Mine is starting to break in with a couple of tanks through it, and makes it difficult for me to justify any bigger saw in the future. That's not the only Dolmar to make a positive impression on me recently. Of course, value is a big part of it. Nobody gives this stuff away.
Round files work great. So does semi-chisel chain. Even chipper for really dirty logs. It's not all about racing. :cool:
Unlike 441 and (I'm told) 362 Stihls, service accessibility on the PS-6100 is very good, a big PLUS. You can even see clearly what's under the hood. I service my own, so that matters a lot.

Don't have a favorite beer as I'll drink whatever but I have my go too. PBR because it's the river beer & I'm a Whitewater rafting guy when I'm not cutting, backup is rolling rock in the can. I can drink both all day & not be sh#tfaced drunk or hungover the next day. Saws I got a good old stihl 032 that got me into cutting wood, upgraded to the 562 last winter . Love them both, but after I got the 562, I've only fired up the 032 to run it dry for storage.

CT, were not talking racing chains with aggressive angles, we are talking square file stihl RSL. It will hold up just as well as RS and cut 10-15% faster. Your just have to learn to sharpen it, but I seem to have picked that up.

This is working chain that lets you get the job done faster.

It was 18 years before I had to take my 044 apart, and that is because it was crushed by a tree. I'm hoping for the same luck with my 362, and my 046 should be in any day now (it will have compression relief, which the 044 does not have. Only a problem when you have to start it on a steep slope or other awkward situation). I think I got a nice deal on the 046 because the gas tank was replaced with a flippy cap version, but I will know better when it arrives. The flippy cap thing is not an issue to me, my 044 is the same way.

Look forward to running that broken in 6100 at the next GTG, glad you are enjoying it.

I made beer myself, and i'm not buying beer anymore. But my favourite "commercial" beer is probably Erdinger Weissbier (another great german product!)

And i love all my saws, Husky, Stihl, Dolmar, all are great saws.

And this afternoon, i'll pick 3 or 4 Jred from my old "lumberjack master", probably a 2171, 670, and 2 other saws, don't remember the name (95cc and 50cc i think). I'll rebuild them all!

I like beer the same as I like my saws, I can appreciate all the colours and flavours. Some days there is one that is the perfect choice, and some days you have to make do with something genuinely ordinary.
Some I'd never pay for, some I'd avoid unless I would offend a friend by refusing, and I'd prefer one good one to any number of ordinary ones.

Back