Felling direction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Scotchguy,

I was poking fun and hoping you would pipe in and explain it wasn't intentional.

How's your foot doing?

I assume the picture was not intended to offend anyone, so it wasn't intentional (not on purpose). Though I do see the humor in international.

Hi Guys,

No, no offence intended or taken about the picture joke. I see what you mean about picuter 3 though. ;)

I've enjoyed this thread. My best laugh was Gumneck's name ... I've climbed a few pines that left me feeling like resinneck. Anybody know how to get it off?

Thanks, my foot's a lot better. However, I have been distracted by my wife having a kidney stone removed. It's a hell of a painful thing and the operation involves having a camera inserted up your urethra. Too much detail, so I'll stop there, except to say she is recoving and things should be OK.

It's very depressing to see the number of old folks clinging onto life in the hospital. A bit of a waste of money if you ask me and I hope that when my time comes I still have the sense to go out to sleep in the woods on a cold night.

crimplene said:
Indeed it is! Nov 5th in Lewes is organized mayhem...lots of fireworks, bonfires, parades, marching bands, burning barrels etc oh and people dressed up as the pope. Goes on all night. Lots of the local villages have bonfire societies so Bonfire night goes on all month somewhere or other :)

I learned about Guy Fox day through the book return Of The Native:)

wedges

scotchguy said:
My saw's still trapped in the felling cut ... those blasted wedges ... I'll stick to the wire rope in future!
Bauhaus over near Frankfurt has the forged aluminium wedges by Oregon made in Germany. Nice and light to work with and they hold up better than the plastic ones and not as hard on the chain if you ding the wedge as the iron ones.

Oregon logo

Yes, they have the OREGON logo on the sticker, not stamped in. Blount GmbH, Oregon Cutting Systems Division, Postfach 1146-71112 Gartringen. They are stamped Ox Head Germany Alu forged Safety Wedges. Ochsenkopf SL 2000. They should work well to tip trees over.

scotchguy said:
Hi Guys,

No, no offence intended or taken about the picture joke. I see what you mean about picuter 3 though. ;)

I've enjoyed this thread. My best laugh was Gumneck's name ... I've climbed a few pines that left me feeling like resinneck. Anybody know how to get it off?

Thanks, my foot's a lot better. However, I have been distracted by my wife having a kidney stone removed. It's a hell of a painful thing and the operation involves having a camera inserted up your urethra. Too much detail, so I'll stop there, except to say she is recoving and things should be OK.

It's very depressing to see the number of old folks clinging onto life in the hospital. A bit of a waste of money if you ask me and I hope that when my time comes I still have the sense to go out to sleep in the woods on a cold night.

Gumneck is a place....some believe its a state of mind. Scotchguy, search vineyard pics on the site and see if you can get into a piece of Gumneck.

Have a good one.

scotchguy said:
There seems to be some missunderstanding going on here......

5 Finally, you make the felling cut and .....RUN LIKE HELL!

:blob2:

Scotchguy, that picture shows that you've broken one of the most important rules of wood cutting!

Use a big enough saw!

:p

...Crimplene ... off topic

crimplene said:
Indeed it is! Nov 5th in Lewes is organized mayhem...lots of fireworks, bonfires, parades, marching bands, burning barrels etc oh and people dressed up as the pope. Goes on all night. Lots of the local villages have bonfire societies so Bonfire night goes on all month somewhere or other :)

Just got back ... you are damed right, its mayhem. I used to live in Boston so we joined the Comerial Square society for the night because of their connection with the north american indians:

http://www.lewesbonfirecouncil.org.uk/societies/commercial/index.html

Check out the photos. The guy dressed as the pope in picture 2 looks unhappy becuase when he gets to the fire site he's put up on a stage and the whole mad crowd throws fire crackers and abuse at him for about an hour (photo 3). :angry2:

KKK ... certainly not. There is nothing sinister about it now. Practically nobody in Britain goes to church anymore and the celebrations are totally secular with catholics and protestants joining in. It's 400 years ago and both sides gave as good as they got, each burning martyrs. Read the web site ... its all about a celebration of independence. Lots of people get drunk and everybody enjoys themselves.

Latest posts

Back