Female climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooookaaaaayyy....

I guess I have to chime in here!

And glad you did!!

We are the exception rather than the rule, and one has to be sensible and know your limits, I see no point in competing to see how big of a saw I can handle all day, work smart, many trees can be conquered with a small saw, and dynamic rigging and physics can reduce a 600lb chunk to something manageable.

Don't we all.. only difference is female climbers likely have the sense to come to reality a bit quicker.

And yes, some days the bucket truck is a godsend:cheers:

Don't we all agree here :)

A couple of them are smart enough to make me humble, they just did not want to deal with the nattering. They were more interested in intelligent, professional dialog then who had a bigger set.

What you see now is mild to what used to go on a few years ago.

A couple of them are smart enough to make me humble, they just did not want to deal with the nattering. They were more interested in intelligent, professional dialog then who had a bigger set.

What you see now is mild to what used to go on a few years ago.

Referencing He11's Kitchen, are we?? It surely amused the He11 out of me. Often profane, sometimes very silly, lots of "whose are bigger" - pretty much a macrocosm of boys, toys, and (sometimes) trees.

Last edited:
As far as things goes.... Female climbers get my total respect cuz they are built completely different!! Thank GOD for that!

Referencing He11's Kitchen, are we??

Before that. There were some monster flame wars that got idiotic. the kitchen resulted from the draconian (for here) moderation that came out of the fiasco.

There were some RCA's here for a little while. Scott Cullen comes to mine. Norm Hall, formerly of Hendrickson TCOT, who trained some of the best climbers I know was underwhelmed. He's at that buzzy place quit often.

I think that other site was developed because some of the guys did not see AS as a viable alternative the the ISA's crappy site.

Yes, I was just checking in to see how bad it was getting. All I can say is that this is tree work and we all take some kind of grief. Today I pinched the living crap out of my nipple using a split tail climbing system. It bruised.

Yes, that pretty blue stuff...stinky too!

I'll read the label again, pretty sure it metioned getting onto the soil via root exudate as well as spillage being persistant in the soil. It also said its phyto toxic for up to one year in the soil, and transportable in runoff water...its good, but you have to be careful!

Here's another climbing pic to keep us on topic!

Bermie? You married? I think I love you. You need to post more of your work pics. You look great, good pole standing form, awesome stamina, and of course ya gotta be able to keep yor head through it all.

Bermie rocks on
til the break of dawn
cutting down sucker ass tree climbers
like she was mowing the lawn

Yes, I was just checking in to see how bad it was getting. All I can say is that this is tree work and we all take some kind of grief. Today I pinched the living crap out of my nipple using a split tail climbing system. It bruised.
2637728339.jpg

Sorry!

When I was about 6 or 7 I threw a snowball at my neighbor Charlie Ellis which hit him pretty good. He attack me in a fit of rage and started to maul the crap out of me. My momma came diving off the porch and proceeded to give ole Chuck the beating of his life, she hammered him.
There are girls and there are women, there are boys and there are men.

Now when Plasmech ( see post "the plas pine") came over to try his hand at treework I smacked him on the tushy and said " loosen up". This did make him more nervous. Why? because he is a boy. Does anybody see my point?

Plasmech....

Wonder if he's still alive? I have my doubts.:)

About your 'nipple pinch'............Hahahahaha!

I've got holes in all my works shirts from bridge pinches! It doesn't help a bit being hairy.

Hey, that reminds me of a song... I think I'll boogie over to the my music thread!

Plasmech....

Wonder if he's still alive? I have my doubts.:)

About your 'nipple pinch'............Hahahahaha!

I've got holes in all my works shirts from bridge pinches! It doesn't help a bit being hairy.

I got the pics, he sure was nervous, I tried to help, we all start small.

Boy I don't envy you, yeeouch man, yeeouch. I feel your pain.

I think the point is... You got a purple nurple today???

No, the point is that whether you are male or female you are getting ribbed, if someone crosses a line then swing AND I got a purple nurple. ALso, my mom will kick yor ass man. Holy ****, don't piss her off.

When I was about 6 or 7 I threw a snowball at my neighbor Charlie Ellis which hit him pretty good. He attack me in a fit of rage and started to maul the crap out of me. My momma came diving off the porch and proceeded to give ole Chuck the beating of his life, she hammered him.
There are girls and there are women, there are boys and there are men.

Now when Plasmech ( see post "the plas pine") came over to try his hand at treework I smacked him on the tushy and said " loosen up". This did make him more nervous. Why? because he is a boy. Does anybody see my point?

That reminds ME of a time (long, long ago) when my boys were 5 & 7 and a neighbor boy (also 7 and a real troublemaker ) flung a rock at my oldest and opened a big gash over his eye. I swear I never touched the kid but DID give him holy what for. Later that day his mother came by to see me and I thought we were going to have a problem - but, no. All she wanted to know was "what did you say to him, he came home crying and NOTHING his father or I have ever said or done to him has made him cry". She wanted to know for her own future reference. True story.

Last edited:

i get stupid wounds in tree work all the time. a couple days ago i was climbing and a sucker slapped me in the face while i was smoking, knocking the cherry off. i didnt see where it went so i kept working. a minute later or so i got a little wakeup when i felt if had set on my shoulder and burned through my shirt, burning me.
a couple years ago i had rapelled down like 100' or so on a figure-8 pretty fast. i stood up and leaned foreward, touching my arm to the device and leaving a nasty burn there.

Back