• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Few McCullough saws for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVEGODSEYJR

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I also need to sell these girls. The super 44 started when I poured some gas into the carb a few years back, ran for a sec and died. Tried again and the rope just stayed out..... Never did mess with it after that.
The 1-10 need some recoil work as the pull start rope is stuck out. Never done much with it.
Think they both have original bar on them.
I can try and get piston pictures later on if anyone is interested. Just let me know.
I was going to ask $200 for these both plus shipping. If I am out of line just let me know. Thanks for looking.
Steve
IMG_20160519_135410726.jpg
IMG_20160519_135402133_HDR.jpg

Hi, I am building a untralight plane and need a Mac 101a or motor of equal H.P. Any Suggestions??? I have saws and cut firewood every witner, but I am 70 years old and always wanted to build this plane....Is there any other saw motors out there that generate about the same HP as the Mac 101?? Any advice appreciated

Hi Mac
i believe the Mac 101 is a cart motor.A 797 or 125 will get close in HP,but a lot of guys put the 101 in the frames of the 125 or 797 family when racing. I picked up an old Mac this summer that has a 75 cart motor in it.

Hi, I am building a untralight plane and need a Mac 101a or motor of equal H.P. Any Suggestions??? I have saws and cut firewood every witner, but I am 70 years old and always wanted to build this plane....Is there any other saw motors out there that generate about the same HP as the Mac 101?? Any advice appreciated
As far as I know power to size ratio your not going to beat a 101 block motor. Maybe a tecumseh power products engine or perhaps a west bend of Similar size would be a good choice, but those are even harder to find parts for than 101

Can a mac 10 10 be converted or bored out to 125 cc?? I also have a Husky 51....Can it be bored to 125cc??? Thanks for any info...

A 10-10 is not the correct chassis to be used for a stand alone engine, nor is it capable of being bored that far

I honestly doubt it. What makes the 101a/b such a good candidate for doing what your doing is that it is actually built to be used as a bare motor for kart racing. They can be mounted easily and are easily worked on. Also they are built to cool correctly with nothing more than a side fan shroud, a chainsaw is not.

I honestly doubt it. What makes the 101a/b such a good candidate for doing what your doing is that it is actually built to be used as a bare motor for kart racing. They can be mounted easily and are easily worked on. Also they are built to cool correctly with nothing more than a side fan shroud, a chainsaw is not.
Thanks, Good info....

Thanks, for good info. Guess I am looking for a Mac 101 or 797 for sale.... Anybody got one????
My sister builds Macs. I bought one from her a while back. I wasn't impressed but maybe she has one you can build and improve on. I'll call her today. Good luck

Back