Fill me in on CAD...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what it means, I’m just wondering how far it has gone for some of you?

Have you ever purchased a very expensive saw and not needed it / had little use for it?

anyone gone through it and come out the other end and learnt any valuable lessons you can share with new comers like me?

Thanks guys.

Tom.

sorry to say you have it.

Two legged twats can curb, but never cure it.

Fish, I need to go shopping with your wife! She has great taste in saws!:)
Well, actually she doesn't pay much attention to them. I found the 200 and her friend gave us the 10-10. The really amazing thing is she put them in her Lexus. She tolerates me collecting Saws and Guns, because they are smaller than cars. When we got married I had 8 cars. I kind of miss the 39 Ford coupe, and the 37 Cord 810, and the 67 R/T. Damn, now I want to start collecting cars again too!

Brent, the only way you are going to survive this is change your strategy. Last year I bought a Homelite Super 1050 with full wrap 100CC, for $40, a Super XL925 82CC for $10, My wife just picked up a Mac 200 80CC in NC for $35, complete bar chain, runs. Go cheap brother, go cheap!
The market is quite different here my friend. up here it seems like everyone thinks an old chainsaw is big dollars...

However maybe your right, I think I need to talk to more people personally that I meet and work with and see if they have any old chainsaws

I barely have reason to have a single saw, I personally only burn wood in my fire pit, that's it. I do help friends with their firewood, but that's mostly an excuse to run my saws.
I have somewhere north of 50 saws, most of what's on the shelf is ready to go to work, and I am working on completing saw families on the Husky side of things. Porting is something I do for fun, and I am always browsing for more saws.

I have it so bad that the better half buys me saws at yard sales...

I certainly think that old saws, even though they still work, aren't worth much or the mower shop near me wouldn't have given me a bunch and even offered me others which I didn't take. I did the math on several of them and doubt they're worth fixing up so may just take them apart and try selling the parts unless they're not worth messing with either...

Latest posts

Back