Filter Housing Direction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimico

Reaction score
While repairing the engine on a friend's NH splitter I noticed what I thought was a potential problem on the hydraulic system. The filter housing has the arrows pointed toward the valve, not toward the return line.
When I questioned him about it he said he had never had the housing off and didn't know anything about it. Aren't the arrows supposed to point toward the return line?

oil filter

While repairing the engine on a friend's NH splitter I noticed what I thought was a potential problem on the hydraulic system. The filter housing has the arrows pointed toward the valve, not toward the return line.
When I questioned him about it he said he had never had the housing off and didn't know anything about it. Aren't the arrows supposed to point toward the return line?

He may most likely have a wire mesh screen strainer that could be 10-20 micron filtration for the suction side of the pump-it will not harm anything- but if it is a paper element which I seriously doubt it should be looked and verified and changed for a new one.:popcorn: :givebeer: :chainsaw:

Correction on my previous post. When the filter is installed backwards the filter will work but if it becomes clogged it WILL NOT bypass and it may rupture.

yep. the guy is lucky it hasn't busted open yet. big mess if it did.

the arrows show the direction of the fluid...correct immediately.

Many thanks to all replies. I have told my buddy to reverse the housing before he uses the splitter.

Back