Finally built my new shop this year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimdad07

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
I haven't been around much this summer on the site except for the thread I normally hang out in in the saw forum. Anyhow I finally built the new shop that I have been threatening to do for the last couple of years. I milled a lot of the lumber and bought a lot from the Amish around me as a time saver. Here are some pics, it's still a little messy but it is slowly getting set up, what a difference from the old one.
0915121740.jpg
0915121738.jpg
0915122211.jpg
07291221431.jpg

Last edited:
Dad2FourWI

Dad2FourWI

ArboristSite Member
That looks great!!!

Nice pics! It looks a bit light in trees there... what are you planning to mill?

Hey, is that a chicken coop there.... what kind of chickens and how many do you have???

We currently have a doz Barred Rock hens and are enjoying every day with them (they chase the cat! - what a stitch!!!)

Keep the pics coming! :)

-Dad2FourWI

jimdad07

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
That looks great!!!

Nice pics! It looks a bit light in trees there... what are you planning to mill?

Hey, is that a chicken coop there.... what kind of chickens and how many do you have???

We currently have a doz Barred Rock hens and are enjoying every day with them (they chase the cat! - what a stitch!!!)

Keep the pics coming! :)

-Dad2FourWI

My house is built in the middle of a hay field, we actually are pretty heavily wooded around here. We had Rhode Island red laying hens but a raccoon got into the coop and killed them all, I got my revenge on the coon though. Generally I mill whatever I can get my hands on. We have a lot of the cold weather hardwoods up here like sugar maple and the like. There is also a ton of oak here along with ash.

jimdad07

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks guys, I have been on here saying I was going to do it for a long time, finally just went and did it. I just found two nice big pine blow downs out in the woods behind the house that are about to become Alaskan mill fodder. Should be enough there to do a leanto off of the back of the shop for my Gravelys and lawn mower. Parking the lawn mower in the shop right now, still have plenty of room but I know how fast I'll fill this baby up.

Latest posts