Finally finished my wood pile for 2009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pile! Sucks about the run of bad luck though, however, you should ask avalancher about the meaning of bad luck and I guarantee after it's all said and done you will consider it a minor hiccup! JJ

JPP are those wood racks moveable? Do you pick them up loaded and move them closer to stove? If so, could you post a picture of an empty one. Looks great. I love the wood stack/pile pics. It is really refreshing to look out at your own and think 'its all paid for'.

Yes, those racks are moveable when empty.
They are just built out of scrap 2x4s and sit on top of cinder blocks.
What I do is move the wood off the racks and stack inside the garage corner for the winter.
Last weekend I brought in 2 face cords into the garage, but the empty racks are refilled again so I can't show you a pic of an empty rack.
During the winter when the stack gets low inside the garage I go out back and bring more inside.
Many times I have to blow a path through the snow to get to the pile, but that is fun too.

That is stacked in about the ultimate manner for it to dry, excellent!:cheers:

Yes, the stacks get sun all day long and wind blows from the backside.

Thanks for all the compliments.
It is a lot of fun for me, I don't have any helpers nor do I have a gas powered splitter.
I split with hand operated hydraulic splitter, wedges and sledge or with 8 pound maul.
Yes, I do have big muscular arms. LOL.....

You better let me come get that first pile out of yer way before it tips over.:D

Nice work!! :cheers:

LOL. Hate to admit it.
We had a windy day here and that first stack did tip over.
I wasn't happy.

6o30jb.jpg
juat a couple tom trees

Hey tomtrees, feeling some superiority complex or something to that effect?

not just like cutting wood after work tom trees:cheers:

whatever floats your boat, dude.
I was just trying to share the fruits of my labor with people on this forum.
I think I know what you are implying, but won't say because I don't know for sure.
I was just kind of proud of my work I do in my woods in my spare time after working my real job for 50 hours a week.

Last edited:
Back