finally going to build a wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
finally got it together to where i can get a wood shed built,,it will be a 12x20 lean to,,,should be able to hold at least 3 years worth for us,,,will take pics of the process as i am building it next week

roof should be white or reflective, not black which radiates heat better than white. shed should face S

This is my first winter with all of my wood under a roof. Last year we had so much snow that by Feb I was chiseling it out of the snowbank. I always tarped it, but the drift totally covered my piles. You'll love having the lean full of wood. It makes the wood burning experience so much better.

Last winter i had that frozen tarp thing going. Had to shovel the tarp . Made a little hole and could just reach in to pull out wood. Man what a difference this year.

Built wood shed this summer. Glad I did makes it nice having dry wood and not fighting with tarps to keep wood covered. Made it 12x30 so I could get my wood boiler under it to. You will definitely enjoy the wood shed. Will try to post some pics later. Not sure how to get pics onto web sight. Only did once long time ago.

View attachment 161746

View attachment 161747

View attachment 161748

Last edited:
Mike - nice wood shed, someday I hope to built on a little smaller than that, but I like that design.

Built wood shed this summer. Glad I did makes it nice having dry wood and not fighting with tarps to keep wood covered. Made it 12x30 so I could get my wood boiler under it to. You will definitely enjoy the wood shed. Will try to post some pics later. Not sure how to get pics onto web sight. Only did once long time ago.

To Mikenc:

If you don't mind me asking, what was a ballpark figure of how much it cost?

Did you build it yourself? Also what did you do for a floor?

Thanks

going to get started on mine today,,even though its 20 degrees right now,,,got to have something to do,,,going to start with the 12x20 with plenty of room to make it bigger if need be,,i figured i can put roughly 2 1/2 year supply in it,,,,if i need more room it will be very easy to add on to it,,as of right now i will have 125 into it and that is all treated lumber

well got the 6 post in the ground today,,2 foot down and in concrete,,,,don't know how the heck i did it,,but only ended up 19 feet long,,i measured several times at 20 feet,,but ohhh well,,,i have plenty of room to add on later,,will post pics of the process,,should have it done by friday

this year im really enjoying the benfits of my woodshed i built last january .i cant tell you how comforting it is to know my wood is dry well seasoned and easy to just grab and go .after last winter i was so sick of chasing ripped ice laden tarps around and snow shoveling out my pile for lost splits like i was digging for gold .i cant believe i ever went without a wood shed and i dont understand why people just leave their wood out exposed to sleet snow and rain .

Many of you have OWB in your sheds. How do you run electric into the house for power? We have a disconnect next to the meter because the panel is located over ten feet from the meter. The interior is finished. Do I need an outdoor panel next to the meter socket, or can the feed be from the disconnect with a panel in the shed? The distance is about a hundred feet for some lights.

Almost done!!!!!!

well worked on it for a few hours today,,got everything done but putting the metal on the roof,,,looks like i can get 2 year supply stacked in here,,going to extend it after the burn season another 12 feet,,have right at $140 into it,,,,here is the pics,,,measures 12x20,,,,,was going to finish it but it started sleeting,,will have to wait until tomorrow or friday to finish it

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-6.jpg

hope ur PT wood is rated for ground contact! read the tag... should wrap/bag the underground section anyway to avert leeching of the preservative.....good lux

Latest posts

Back