Finally some snow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
After basically starving for snow all winter we are finally getting hit out here in Denver!!! 2X this week. This one is a 8-12in snow today. The best we had all winter. Needed the bucks!!:cool:

i've only seen it once. it was christmas eve '87. it was about 30 degrees and it started snowing. they were the real fat flakes that turned to water as soon as they hit the ground. it was pretty sureal, christmas lights in the palm trees with the snow coming down!!!! i haven't seen snow since.

Budroe if you get Some Ice in Veroe Beach I think
your Business will Boom! of course your chances of ice there are about nill.

Snow job

For those pining away for frozen fingers, here's a shot of a Black Locust removal on a sunny day in Gold Hill, Oregon. With snow on the ground, the coffee came in REAL handy.

yes we do! we ended up with about 10 inches so we are happy! we have been working with it for the last 5 days! drifts and such, clients have large retail shopping centers that have to be cleaned every morning so there is no ice or slush! now we might get a big storm with intense wind! i dont want to see anybody get hurt but i love those storms ! good kickstart to spring!

Since a lot of the work is late hours do you bid it a normal time or automatic time and a half?

Or is it so cut rate that you have to low ball just to keep the guys working?

Snowin' 2" an hour right now!!!

at my house in seattle. Freakin' amazing, five inches already. pretty rare for march. And we're right in the middle of a loggin' job. got a 120 foot 3' dbh fir 6 " from the house to try to do manana. We'll see... Was gonna try and do 'er with the service wires up right under her, by double whipping the branches over to another fir 40 feet away. Limbed five today, skidded a couple short logs, we'll do the rest next week when the service is dropped. Self loader will help us skid the biggies.

And I'm going to Vancouver Sat for my makeup Arbormaster day. Hope it warms up a bit!! Sounds like it will be wet. groan...... Then on to Sun Peaks Sunday to greffardize the ski hill with Mr Menace!! Too bad he's just a one planker......

And the Sonics came from 10 pts down in the last 1:30 to tie with tip jam at the buzzer, then win in OT. What a game!!

Last edited:
Well, I normally dont come over here and bother you folks, but Roger enticed me with a few people that I havent p!ssed off yet...just kidding..

Really I am going to try to meet this two planked-no style-baby tree killer- this weekend at Sun Peaks...it should be fun..and I am thinking Rog...if I can t go..why dont you come up to clearwater for the day..drop off the saws..get yer new 372 muffler...take monday off work....lol...I will put a heater in my motorhome for ya..you can crash there...hehe..well...ok..you can have the porch with my puppy...

anyway...Rog...I dont know what to say about the climbing thing...there are trees that are on the line that need to be dealt with...but they arent on my property..I will see what I can do about that...otherwise I guess you are stuck limbing power poles...should easy enough..most are clear for the top ten feet...then the branches start...

-My brain is my second favorite organ.

Well, i'm just a gigalo........
........I wish........

It's still snowin' lightly here, 6 inches in march, wow.

I stood up my monday customer last
monday, when my sidekick failed to show, same Tuesday, really set me back. So I'll have to be back in dodge. But it is good to be busy, and rakin' in the dinero.

Hmm, now that's a novel concept.....

........ but I'm already kinda lit up.........

Well I will tell ya the Peaks is expecting snow till early Sat then warming up...so Nancy will be tanning her 60yo butt up there for ya...as well as all those young girls I am not allowed to look at...but the snow will be fresh...the sun will be warm..the beer will be cold...hmmm..shall I make the decision for you? and you dont even have to drive far...lmao....

it is pretty cut throat here, however the big companys wont hire just anybody, so we dont have a problem gettin work as long as it snows!, we maintain larger retail shopping centers. plus we do it by the hour, per truck. skidloaders and wheel loaders get more than the trucks

Back