Finaly impressed with my 455R!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STANG302

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When I got the saw it was used by the previous owner for about a week or two, so I was told. Since then it has sat in his garage over last winter and I picked it up this spring dirt cheap.

Before I got the saw I borrowed an older 455R and came away dissapointed. Then come to find that it was not a true husky 455R. So I was kind of reluctant to pic up one. Well this one is a true husky and the price was right. Got it home fired right up and have cut 3-4 cords up with it. And it alway's felt a little boggy and not to responsive. But still had way more power than the rancher I had borrowed.

So I had a friend look it over from top to bottom. And he talked to his husky dealer and they told him how to tune her up and did exactly what the guy told him to. And now it's a completely different saw!

I love it. Way more power than the old jonsereds I used to have. And for an amiture like my self I think it's the perfict saw for me right now. Still need a different chain with a little more bite than the safety chain. It's like night and day.

Any body else happy with there Husky Ranchers?

I am. Bought mine to replace a stolen Poulan 3700 that really would cut. Am not a pro but just a homeowner that used to have a bunch of trees. Ike came along and it really did it's job. I am not too sure I could have handled any more of a saw as I am starting to get on to the Obama counsel 'em and put 'em out of their misery stage (72+). It really cut good when I got rid of the safety chain and installed my Bailey's kick your butt chain.
Good luck and safe sawing.

Latest posts

Back