Finished up the 2nd 084 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is 084 I bought off eBay. It was really dirty, but underneath that dirt was a gem. This saw was in excellent condition. The cylinder looks like new. No cracked plastic. HT-7A carb. I did not paint the case on this saw, nor did I split them. I removed the seals and cleaned out the bearings real good. They're nice and tight and smooth. The carbon was removed from the piston. Everything else was cleaned in the dishwasher. The plastic was sanded and cleared. The recoil and bar cover were sandblasted, painted, and cleared. The muffler was also sandblasted and painted. The recoil also got a new name plate. The top name plate still had the original plastic on it and was in not too bad of shape.

246232244-M.jpg

246232236-M.jpg

246232379-M.jpg

246232388-M.jpg

246232270-M.jpg

Here it is before I started on it.
241490443-M.jpg

Durn it QUIT IT.

This chainsaw envy you are causing me just ant right. Quit it. Great work. And I do envy your saws.:clap:

Here's the three saws I've built in the last 13 days. I'm still waiting on the new case for the "new" 084.

084 from Freakingstang, 084 from eBay, 066 RL from Freakingstang.
246232900-M.jpg

Brad,

Wow! :jawdrop:

Nice work.

Oh, did Tommie tell you to put a diaper on them?

joat

You did not even thank me for referring that 084 to you. You are so ungrateful.

Now you have to send it to me.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You did not even thank me for referring that 084 to you. You are so ungrateful.

Now you have to send it to me.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the reminder Sawdustmaker. I no longer had the PM and couldn't remember who it was. I had previously said that I wish I could remember who passed the tip along. It was listed as a "stihl084", so would not be found in a search for stihl or 084. Muchas gracias senor:clap: Sometimes you get burnt on eBay, sometimes you find a good one. This one was certainly good.

Okay, since you have a good reason I only expect that ms260, but it better be on my doorstep by... Oh nevermind..... your welcome.

Latest posts

Back