Fins Sexy Twins!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On this saw I took .057 off the base and rest the squish to .024, epoxied the intake back up, and here's my numbers 100/120/79. Now on testing she was set up 28" bar 7 rim pin. I didn't gain a lot of speed in the cut but O my was it torquey. I reset it up with an 8 rim pin and there come the difference.

Did you try it without putting epoxy in the intake? I'm running my intake at 85° and it makes great RPMs. You'll find that the timing advance really helps too.
Not yet. That is second saw territory. That's why I left this one at 79! Next saw I'm gonna take the exhaust trans higher higher and leave the intake a couple degrees lower and lower the intake some. And then play from there.

Not yet. That is second saw territory. That's why I left this one at 79! Next saw I'm gonna take the exhaust trans higher higher and leave the intake a couple degrees lower and lower the intake some. And then play from there.
Why are you only raising the exhaust side?

Did you do any work inside the lower transfer tunnel?

Seems Back asswards to me. But if it's factory that way, there's some engineering involved.

I guess the initial flow purges the exhaust? Starts the inertia of charge in the mains?

Exhaust pressure goes into upper first and pushes charge towards the intake?

I'm normally wanting to open my uppers towards the intake first, like fingers.

Those are some ****** factory bevels.

Latest posts

Back