Fins Sexy Twins!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some ****** factory bevels.

You aint seen anything yet, the "bevels" on mine actually started chewing up my piston.
Look at the lower left corner in the exhaust runner on the side ............. see the piece of lip ?

Attachments

• IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 113
Seems Back asswards to me. But if it's factory that way, there's some engineering involved.

I guess the initial flow purges the exhaust? Starts the inertia of charge in the mains?

Exhaust pressure goes into upper first and pushes charge towards the intake?

I'm normally wanting to open my uppers towards the intake first, like fingers.

Those are some ****** factory bevels.
You should see the bevels on a dolmar then. They don't have any.

They don't really need a bevel when they're not that wide and are angled like that.

As far as the front transfers opening first, I've been doing that for a couple years now, but only a couple degrees.
Regardless of angle, that plating is square with the bore.

As for where the transfers open first, Thoughts???

Not yet. That is second saw territory. That's why I left this one at 79! Next saw I'm gonna take the exhaust trans higher higher and leave the intake a couple degrees lower and lower the intake some. And then play from there.
So... What numbers are you shooting for on the second one?

I'm referring to the exhaust side as front, just as the factory is doing here.
I'm sorry Brad. I see what you're saying.

I'm describing it backwards. I guess the front of the saw is the exhaust. I always think of the "front" of the upper in terms of flow direction (towards the intake).

So you open your upper transfers on the exhaust side a few degrees earlier? What do you feel that accomplishes in terms of flow?

I'm always thinking flow directed towards intake cylinder wall for purging.

Sorry if this is a Hijack.

So... What numbers are you shooting for on the second one?
Well good question. Lol. On number 2 I'm gonna try a few different things. 1st the exhaust and intake are just barely widened on saw 1. Just out 2 the champhers and then I put in new champhers. Which there's not a huge amount that can be taken off exhaust but there is the intake. So I will widen them. Then I'm gonna go 100/118-120 exhaust side higher/81 and add just a bit more comp. I'll also probably get a bit more aggressive with the lower trans inlet. Or this is my plan!

You might want to try something to see with your muffler mod going off to that side.

I had a 084 with exhaust exiting that way and on a long flush cut it would get rather warm on the left hand.
Exhaust exit was right there on the left hand side of that handle during flush cut.

I got rid of cover and made one the other way just like a DP cover front exit. Never a problem then.

You might want to try something to see with your muffler mod going off to that side.

I had a 084 with exhaust exiting that way and on a long flush cut it would get rather warm on the left hand.
Exhaust exit was right there on the left hand side of that handle during flush cut.

I got rid of cover and made one the other way just like a DP cover front exit. Never a problem then.

I never thought about that, sounds like a heated handle saw.

Bump ..............
I love how Miller goes into 2 saws at one time to show the different ways and results ...............
I just dont like waiting to see #2. :buttkick:

Bump ..............
I love how Miller goes into 2 saws at one time to show the different ways and results ...............
I just dont like waiting to see #2. :buttkick:
Thats cause I'm slow. Lmao. Base and squish are cut on saw #2. And intake is epoxied. So it's getting closer. :rock:

Thats cause I'm slow. Lmao. Base and squish are cut on saw #2. And intake is epoxied. So it's getting closer. :rock:
pics ..........
how much base removed ?
How much did you take out of the squish ?

werent you going to run the intake in this one without epoxy ?
You going to hit 81 with epoxy ?
What was the intake without epoxy ?

I took .070 from the base and .057 from the squish. And no I'm going to lower the intake but cutting .070 from the base on these makes the intake super low. This one was 81.5 degrees from the factory.

Latest posts

Back