Fireproof gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I received a product called the "Ov Glove"...

I have 2 "Ov-Glove" (which makes it a pair of Ov Gloves, don't it :D )... the wife got them for me somewhere.
She saw me cooking over the fire pit with the nasty-dirty welding gloves I had laying on the welding bench in the shop, and she felt that was a bit unsanitary I guess. (shrug) Anyway, Ov Gloves work pretty good for fire pit cookin'... and she just throws them in the washing machine when she feels they need sanitizing.

I use these, or similar inexpensive long cuff welding gloves. Buy them with a 20% off coupon. I'm on my second season with the same pair. Usually one winter is all I get out of welding gloves.

Welding Gloves

Just wondering if Harbor Freight sells welding gloves... I'm pretty sure they do. I have one here in Lancaster that's not too far. Might have to take a trip over there.

Hello.......... McFly ?? Is anyone home ??? :D :D

I picked up a pair of redish-brown insulated welding gloves from Harbor Freight. They work great on both loading into the hot stove and picking up hot logs to move them around. I wish I inspected them before I left the store because 1 seam wasn't completely stitched tight and it has opened up more. The only good thing is its on the left hand.

I have 2 "Ov-Glove" (which makes it a pair of Ov Gloves, don't it :D )... the wife got them for me somewhere.
She saw me cooking over the fire pit with the nasty-dirty welding gloves I had laying on the welding bench in the shop, and she felt that was a bit unsanitary I guess. (shrug) Anyway, Ov Gloves work pretty good for fire pit cookin'... and she just throws them in the washing machine when she feels they need sanitizing.

I actually like mine quite a bit. I got sick of trying to handle a 500 degree pizza stone with a cotton pot holder. A rose among thorns in the As Seen on TV world of mostly junk.

Go to Galls.com and look at structural firefighting gloves. They range from $20 to way to expensive. That's what I use. I've had mine for years. I picked them up for free from a firefighting equipment dealer who was trying to sell my department something.

i have a pair of gloves that are actually fireproof. got them from my granddad.made of asbestos. didnt kill him guess they wont kill me

i have a pair of gloves that are actually fireproof. got them from my granddad.made of asbestos. didnt kill him guess they wont kill me

Ever see someone die from Asbestosis? It's ugly... Do your loved ones a favor and put those in a couple zip-lock freezer bags and then in the trash. Or better, take them to a hazardous waste disposal - in said double freezer bag. There's a reason it's not used anymore.

Poor insulating properties of the nomex must make them pretty much useless

for handling hot stuff.:msp_unsure:

Welding gloves. Medium or heavy weight. The cheapie Hobart medium weights can be had for 10-12 bucks, and work great.

+1, I use Hobart gloves just because they are the brand sold at Tractor Supply Co. A set usually lasts several years depnding how much you stick your hand in the fire and roll pieces around. I also use welding gloves for camping, makes cooking over a campfire much nicer.

Latest posts

Back