Firewood 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The Lord blessed us with an abundance of firewood this year. I have about 10 cord that will heat the homes of 4 families. I made this panoramic shot after we got through working Monday. I split the pile in the foreground with a maul and I had a friend working with the splitter in the background. I slept good Monday night.

View attachment 251653

251653d1346902346-firewood-2012-jpg

Nice stuff! If I'd spent that much time swingin a maul, I'd still be sleeping it off!

Sincerely,

Spoiled guy with a splitter :D

Nice stuff! If I'd spent that much time swingin a maul, I'd still be sleeping it off!

Sincerely,

Spoiled guy with a splitter :D

I have an old Lickety Log Splitter that I was given not running. I fixed it up and it worked really well until the guides broke. I borrowed a splitter from a friend to get throught the forks and knotty stuff. Logs like that have deminishing returns when splitting by hand.

I like working with the maul better. I really like splitting wood, I like the workout and I can split wood faster with a maul than a hydraulic log splitter. I'll go with the maul until I can't anymore and I will have a splitter with low hours to fall back on.

Bob

Back