Firewood Bags

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this may be somewhat new. I have only seen a couple gas stations selling wood in bags like this. I looked into a plastic wrapper but it's out of my budget for now so I'm thinking this could be a good alternative. These are somewhat like a potato bag.

Dale

We plastic wrap them at my work I have never seen them in a burlap sack. I will keeep my eye out. We have a manual bundler at my work I can bundle about 40 per hour more if the wood is closer and split correctly plastic would be chaper them burlap im sure. We get large roles of plastic and I think they are like $10.00 bucks a role for 400 feet or something like that.

what about the nylon straps the lumber yards use? i'd think they would be a cheap investment for starters.

I was in the hardware store today and saw some 4-5 foot long cable ties. Might be just the ticket. Are cable ties the duct tape of the new millennium?

Okiewoodcutter said:
Check with Farber Bag Company they are out of Iowa, we use their bags for Firewood, they are a great company to deal with.

I just happened to get two sample bags from them this week. One new and one used onion bag. They look pretty good.

Dale

Farbers bags are good quality, the only down side to the poly bags are that if there left in direct sunlight for several months they will fade and dry rot. We use the drawstring bag and we have been very happy with it.

Back