Firewood Cord Boxes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The area I live in they sell ranks you can buy Dino bags for $10.00 a piece they hold a rank I can set 6 bags on my truck ready to deliver. I sell 90 percent bundled firewood but I have knots that won't wrap pretty so they go for bulk sales. The Dino bags just throw it in there when its full that's a rank a 1/3 of a cord.
Hey. Just curious. How do you get the bags off the truck ?

I get them off with my tractor order them thru Dino.com. if you use seed bags wood will not dry because they water proof but are free. Dino bags are set up where wood will dry. The free bean bags you can get from a farmer they just burn them if my wood is dry I use seed bags so people like them deliver and just set them on the car port. The bags have four rings in the top to pick them up with. When I load them I have a fork lift I dump the wood right in there . They don't look like they will hold a rank but they just keep getting bigger the bag will hold up to a ton. Or you can set them on a pallet to keep off the ground. There is different ways to use them what works the best for you. (later)

Some good info here. I second the comment about eyeballing things, once you deliver a few loads you know what a cord looks like when piled up in a bed or trailer. Pallets are a great and cheap(free if you can get them) resource, put two of them together and stack 4' high and you have a cord if your lengths are 16". The stacks on the close end of this pic is roughly a full cord, there is 2-3" of airspace between stacks to aid airflow but it is stacked about 4.5' high. Those stacks came from the pile with the maul in the second pic.

IMAG0612.jpgIMAG0608.jpg

In my area they sell only rank or throwed pickup bed full if its got a tool box in the bed its a rank if its a s10 its a rank if its a 8 foot bed its a cord.the delivery person is called a cheat.

To get a true cord of wood you would have to deliver a square block of wood 4 ft by 4 ft by 8ft cut in to chunks 16 inches long to a 6 inch square. it was proved in court in Missouri the fellow that lost went out of business and his name was passed around nobody sell him wood now he advertises on Craig's lis but no responce

Also of note, I don't have mountains of wood to sell. I wan tto know I am getting them a cord and not much more. A little more, but not guessing. Its good for them and its good for me. No waste.

Have you ever measured a 5 gallon jug of gas? How do you know it's actually 5 gallons? Someone built the jug to specs and said "there, that mark is 5 gallons" Or is it just close enough to 5 gallons? It's called an educated guess, same as firewood.
I think it's time for a new argument. What size is a 2x4 ? 2"x 4"? Wait what is an inch, how do I know how long an inch is? Oh yeah someone said "there, that mark is an inch"

Just wanted to get an idea of the BEST way to show people what they get is legit, I like the idea of using pallets, it at least shows that it would be true to the mark. Maybe I'll offer a flat rate by the load and go from there. I appreciate the suggestions, and what ever more are to come.

Plus side with skids are there are spaces between the wood so t allows air to flow through to help dry out wood plus 4 skids is usually a cord 2 on the bottom and 1 on each side if there a standard skid

Latest posts

Back