Firewood operation pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArborView

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my little cordwood operation. Been doing it part-time this winter to keep me out of trouble, plus it's a lot of fun. So far I've got out 19 cord. I have a few more cord in log length to process. I used a David Brown 990 tractor with a farmi winch (no pics, it's being repaired) to pull out the logs, cut them to 4 foot lengths, and then split everything 4' long. A Ford tractor powered the hydraulics for the splitter. I stacked it on a trailer after it was split and brought it back to my place, about 2 miles away and stacked it. All the wood was cut on my father-in-law's land. Wish I had taken some pics of the David Brown pulling the logs out.

I stack it in 4' lengths, let it dry, and then will cut it to 16" when I sell it. If someone wants it 4', I'll sell it for a little less.
The ford is my father-in-law's. This is the first time I used it. I think it's a 641?

Needless Extra Handling

;)
ArborView said:
Here are some pics of my little cordwood operation. Been doing it part-time this winter to keep me out of trouble, plus it's a lot of fun. So far I've got out 19 cord. I have a few more cord in log length to process. I used a David Brown 990 tractor with a farmi winch (no pics, it's being repaired) to pull out the logs, cut them to 4 foot lengths, and then split everything 4' long. A Ford tractor powered the hydraulics for the splitter. I stacked it on a trailer after it was split and brought it back to my place, about 2 miles away and stacked it. All the wood was cut on my father-in-law's land. Wish I had taken some pics of the David Brown pulling the logs out.
We have a standing joke at our woodlot, "Yeah we handle firewood"
The problem with most firewood operations is the repetitive handling. Looks like you've added another step to the handling. When the "it's a lot of fun" wears off and you start to look for ways to save extra handling, you may question your current practices. IMO you have created extra work and handling that wasn't necessary. Good Luck - Sxhultzz

Latest posts

Back