firewood prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I thought about small cable clamps but that could add up because I'd need 4 or 5 per basket to keep wire tight all the way up the side. That add$ up. Hose clamps…maybe. Will check that out.

STLFirewood - Looks like a great setup. Thanks for sharing. I hope to get a loader at home soon to move stuff around more efficiently. I really like the looks of that slab packer, especially with the "stop board" on the far side to keep the slabs even. I'm probably gonna copy that and re-make my own! I wish I could get more than $300 cord (delivered) but hasn't happened yet. We were asking $350/cord to start, but this is our 1st year selling cook wood and are still dialing things in. How much firewood do you try to keep on hand in that open sided shed and how long do you let it season before it goes out? Do you get any problems with mold or wood not being seasoned enough in the middle of that pile. Good efficiency there. You can probably scoop bucket loads of it from the side with skid steer, huh?
The slab holder is great. Some guys saidi would hit the metal a lot with the saw. I have nipped it a couple times but not many. If you make one watch where you put your side supports. Mine are too close to where I need to make my cuts. It can be a pain. I have the holder setup so I can use my pallet forks and move it full. It holds half a cord when it's full.

I don't get any mold. Keeping the rain off makes the difference. I split smaller then you. I can get by with a 4 month dry time.
I usually have 30 plus cords of split seasoned wood. I keep another 30 plus in logs. I have min 2 1/2 cords a week to deliver. You can make a dent in a pile ptetty quick. I have an all Hickory account now. They will burn 20cords year. I'm trying to get their other location also. That would push it to 40ish cords of Hickory a year. It starts to add up when you're a one man show.

20$ for a Richard. 30$ for a Robert and. 45$ for a rick 60 $ for a Henry

Isn't that annoying ? Whatever happened to cords ?
Why are people using these odd ball words for undefined measurement .

Where I live its a rank if you say a cord they don't know what it is. I have never sold a cord n 40 years. Our city folks don't have room for 3 ranks or a cord.

10 years ago I was getting $200 per cord, gas was under $2 per gallon. 5 years ago I was still selling it for $200 per cord. To many people now days are selling it for $180 per cord delivered and gas is almost $4 per gallon. It is not worth the time or effort to sell. If you had a tree trimming / removal business than it might make sense to sell it in the round, buyer picks up. If you are close to a ski resort than it might be worth it, but there are easier ways to make a few extra bucks. I hoard everything I can get my hands on now days. The fact that I am getting old may have something to do with it. I even bought two cords of cedar juniper last year because the price was so cheap compared to my time and price of fuel to go after it. To many guys out of work and needing to put food on the table to compete with.

Latest posts

Back