Firewood Shoulder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm suffering a serious affliction known to many of us as Firewood Shoulder (FS)... Certainly aggravated by tossing my splits onto a pile. A buddy of mine said the only known cure for FS is to buy a conveyor... He said upon his first purchase of a 12' conveyor he had an "ah ha" moment similar to when he bought his first front-end loader. He cannot imagine life without one.

Can anyone attest to this? Or should I just go to a physical therapist?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

WCA

I use a hay elevator for my 16" wood. And I have 2 spare elevators sitting here in case something happens to it. Yup, I'm not tossing splits.
I also split 32" for my owb, those just fall off the end of the splitter table and as I split it pushes the splitter down the row or I take the tractor and push them out of the way. I handle the wood enough times as it is.

Not sure of your age but I have gotten it after multiple 5-6+ hour days in a row. I'm 41 now so I just switch to my non dominant hand. I also try the under hand flip as well.

Back