firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t lift my logs, they stay on the ground.
I don't lift my logs either, I let my tractor do that. lol

standard.jpg

SR

I don't lift my logs either, I let my tractor do that. lol

standard.jpg

SR
My boy said, that doesn't look like Rob lol.
I was literally just thinking about you when he and I drove past the spot I got that big red oak log we cut all the boards out of. Just put the last of those boards on the other side of the woodshed last fall.
20191014_115441.jpg
Since its the firewood tractor thread.
20200201_162801.jpg20200311_194147.jpg

from a few weeks ago, making up some birch to sell later in the fall.
Spring is slowly coming on, the loggers are all busy trying to get as much wood to the mill before 1/2 loads come on C376DC53-6DE3-4916-B53D-60F75FDADBB7.jpegBAEE1833-6B14-4A72-92F8-1A93B96CAE8A.jpegso i'm out of wood!!( firewood being low priority for them) it's the perfect weather now, no mud quite yet, just near freezing, no black flys! dang!

What do you mean by 1/2 loads?

Highway Dept puts weight restrictions on, most roads, X per axle due to the frost coming out of the ground which works out to basically 1/2 a load of logs on a semi, so it's not worth it for the guys to haul for 1/2 the money per trip

Okay, we don’t have that frost issue here. The loggers wait until the snow is all gone, then pull out shortly before snow in the fall. The average frost depth in California is 5”, I’m guessing it’s three feet or so where the loggers get their logs though.

Cleaned up another bucket full today on the neighbors, I got a lot more wood over there. Right now I'm just trying to take the easy stuff and the stuff that will make our place look nicer.
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.36.12 PM.png
All the wood in here except the stuff against the wall will be for 21-22, and what's left against the wall that doesn't get burned before summer will be too.
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.37.30 PM.png

Load restrictions put in place here in SE Michigan now. How ever the Governor just reduced some restrictions on certain roads so food supplys and medical supplys can be brought in to replenish the supplys.
My area will probably be M24, M21, M15 M81 all main state roads off interstates to stores in towns.

I've been working in mud since the end of deer season December.
Deer hunted in mud since about Thanks giving.

It is slowly drying out but rain in the froecast again tonight.

Rob picking up the kindling with a barley fork?
1584537140643.png

:D Al

From last year, pushing over a 28” incense cedar. Making a work area, we didn’t have a clear area to work in. It was all timber. We have a lot of bark beetle killed trees, so we need an area to process the mess. We’ve hauled about 25 cord out of this little area already. Brakes are squeaky because I don’t have the rear brakes working yet. Should get that done within a few months.

Last fall at the Paul Bunyan EXPO, I bought a hook a roon and the next time I went to split wood, I put it on the splitter. When I got to where the rounds were, I got off my tractor and moved the splitter valve a little and there was a LOUD POP, my hook a roon had fell slightly out of sight and when the ram moved, it broke the head right off!! I didn't even get to use it one time! lol

BUT, as you can see, I re-hung the head,

standard.jpg

I'm also now being a lot more careful where I put it!! lol

And, I used it today, as today was a wood splitting day, and I split quite a bit of wood, along with some bigger rounds,

standard.jpg

as always, everything gets pushed through the 4-way,

standard.jpg

This was the biggest round of the day,

standard.jpg

To get it down to the size splits I wanted, it had to go through the 4-way, three times,

standard.jpg

I'm going to have to cut some more, S:) :) N!

SR

Back