firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I started with this morning
256c880ac3f901154d5679e28b824c21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Renault 70. 14 which I use a skidder pretty much. It works fine for the mostly small trees I have on my property. It has a front loader on it as well which is a great yoke.
Then I have a David Brown 1390 which is my go to general use tractor. Use it to deliver either trailer or transport box loads of firewood.
I had a Fiatagri 45 which I liked (once it stopped breaking down) but it was just to small and light for what I was doing.

89 model the last of the take off tops. Got a 350 throttle body. Hooked to a 350 turbo. Just a toy. Got more toys than I need lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep driving past a Red one for sale And slow Down to check it out.
No price on it he probably wants collectors price for it with a rotted Frame.

Nice pile chipper!

I still have to go out with buckets and pick up the "kindling" from around where I was splitting... That stuff is perfect, for fire starting!

SR
Thanks Rob.
I like to use the black locust bark sometimes in the shoulder season.
In the fall I'll bring in wheelbarrow loads of it :).
We burned a lot of splitter litter and bunches of sticks and root balls yesterday :blob2:.
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 9.19.30 PM.png

Here's my firewood tractor. Picked it up for 8K six years ago. Ran good, had low oil pressure at idle, 625 hours on it. Needed a $25 oil pressure relief valve and about 10 hours of work. It's been awesome. Also have a 74" rough cutter and 74" snowblower.View attachment 812182View attachment 812183
Great series of tractors. I have a 1978 1700 4x4. It's only 23 HP, but it weighs close to 2 tons so it can put power to the ground. The 3 pt. lift capacity on that thing is amazing.

I used the 53 Jubilee today to pull an 18" cherry out to the meadow. 5 more HP, but only 2800 pounds. Did nothing but spin the tires. Took 3 trips with the Jubilee, the 1700 would have done it in one.

Great series of tractors. I have a 1978 1700 4x4. It's only 23 HP, but it weighs close to 2 tons so it can put power to the ground. The 3 pt. lift capacity on that thing is amazing.

I used the 53 Jubilee today to pull an 18" cherry out to the meadow. 5 more HP, but only 2800 pounds. Did nothing but spin the tires. Took 3 trips with the Jubilee, the 1700 would have done it in one.
I agree, mine is a 1996 model year. It's noisier than new tractors and it smokes a little but it has no emission controls and is all mechanical. Mine weighs in around 5500 pounds with the loader and fluid in the ag tires. Traction is not a problem!
Pics when it was new. With a clamp on pallet forks on the bucket it works out well for me.

mrBhjMHl.jpg

Now I just need a set of chains like this!

My little New Holland 1520 with the 3 pt carryall is pretty nimble around our place. I can lug everything I need down to the woods - cut and haul back a load in the bucket and the carryall. Keeps me busy enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0776.JPG
    IMG_0776.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Back