firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Excellent BTU rating for live oak - low sugar, high density, burn time long.

You guys don't have the wilt probelms yet - although there are centers reporting disease in the panhandle. Burning it as firewood does not release disease spores - transporting active disease could....simple rules for storage, available everywhere.

Locust and Hickory are best rated. I read a "cottonwood cordwood for fireplace" ad in the Albuquerque paper...makes me wonder about some people.

Jumper

Jumper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oil Patch, Edmonton, Alberta for now.....
Ya burn what ya got, tonight it is old telephone poles which are exactly what is needed to get the damp out of this house. I do not need a hot fire that will burn hours. Out west in the BC Interior there is little available but pine, so that is what people brun.

monkeypuzzle

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
What does a cord of wood go for say in Chicago??

When my dad built his house he made sure the fireplace was huge, a midget could get lost in there. We split maybe 5 cords each year, can't even give the stuff away. Then there is this guy here in town that has a big firewood processor and sells wet sweetgum all day long. Crazy:confused:

The most I ever got for a truck load of firewood was close to
300$. When I was in high school me and the guys needed beer money and would take a truck load of wood and park at the apartments that had fire places on or near campus. Mostly students from miami, here going to FSU, would buy 3 or 4 pieces at 20$ a throw. I helped a lot of guys get laid that winter.:p

pea

ArboristSite Operative
I have seen the same thing around here. I live in southern Illinois. A gas station had a stack of wood. Three or four chuncks of wood held together with a piece of rope. I don't know how much they were selling if for. I bet it was 5 or 6 bucks...

Latest posts