First fire in new boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlKicking

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When I built my house three years ago, I put in masonry fire places. My wife didn't really want a wood stove so I left them open. For the last three years we have used a heat pump and burned the fireplace from time to time mostly for ambience. This January, after three years of freezing to death at about $400 a month in the winter I went to the factory and bought the last H2 unit to roll of the assembly line. For the last 4 months I have worked on installing it in my spare time. Yesterday I put a fire in it and took a hot shower. Feels good to wrap up this project.
dfacefcbdbc257edc9847b7b16d14e16.jpg

a nice hot shower for the first time after months of waiting and working. ahhh. very satisfying!!! well done. thanx for sharing the pic. did you go with a side arm for your DHW or a plate EX? what were you using for heat that cost you 400 per month?

a nice hot shower for the first time after months of waiting and working. ahhh. very satisfying!!! well done. thanx for sharing the pic. did you go with a side arm for your DHW or a plate EX? what were you using for heat that cost you 400 per month?

I was using straight electricity and propane HW prior to the boiler. This is an H2 unit it has a copper loop inside the water jacket. The new ones are labeled LC200? I think. You have to use a plate exchanger with them.

Latest posts

Back