First fire yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flooded Stove

I had my chimney cleaned last week. Brought in some wood last night and lit a fire in my Hot Blast. I was worried how it would work since it was under water for two days back late June early July when the whole town flooded. The furnace was setting in my basement in 2ft of water. I could hear the submerged blowers kicking on and off. As soon as the water went down I pulled the warm air return off and oiled the motors up. Last night it worked as it should.:clap:

Fired the Hardy Saturday Mornin!

Yep fired the Hardy Saturday mornin!! It took about 1/2 hour to fill the 130 gallons of water and about 1 1/2 hours to bring it up to 175 degrees. Now just sit back and enjoy the heat!! Everyone here that has a OWB is freaking about our new county ordinance on OWB. Even those of us that have had them for a while have had to fill out paperwork and register them. The health department plans on visiting and doing a smoke test!! You can have no greater than 20% density in your smoke, but they cannot answer the question of when the test is taken during the time it is throttled up or on idle. It should be intersting. happy burning The Hoosier

Had a few fires in the fireplace over the last two weeks. Last night it got down to 25 F so I figure tonight was the night to fire up the little stove (VC Winterwarm). Just got thru getting it going. Ahhhhh, I just love wood heat.

Finally started burning last night. It just hasnt been cold enough until now.

Latest posts

Back