First fire yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparked it up

a couple of weeks ago. I love that smell. Wood is all ready, just waiting for the real cold stuff.

Started up the Woodmaster today, supposed to be cool in C Ohio for a few days. That extra hot water sure felt good in the shower. Saw quite a few chimneys smok'en this afternoon.

Spring time here in NZ but still cold in the evenings and my old house needs the fire to take away the chill factor. No more all-day burnings now thou.

Just going out to get some small off cuts to get her roaring right now ... happy evening to me :clap:

Allmost 1/4 cord so far we useally dont get anything till the end of Oct. 1 1/2 cords gets us thru even the worst winters here. Looks like it may be pushin 2 this year if it stays around.

Allmost 1/4 cord so far we useally dont get anything till the end of Oct. 1 1/2 cords gets us thru even the worst winters here. Looks like it may be pushin 2 this year if it stays around.
You can at least double that amount around here.In the Michagan U P you can double that amount again and then some,brr.

Up and running!

Fired up the Central Boiler yesterday. Sure is good to see smoke coming out the stack again. :clap: :clap:

You can at least double that amount around here.In the Michagan U P you can double that amount again and then some,brr.

Same here. Mid winter my fire is going 24X7. 4-6 cord a year depending on severity ... definitly 6 cord this winter ... and all free :cheers:

Last weekend, in west Michigan, it was close to 90 F.
Three days later it dropped to the upper 50's.
And it looks like it's gonna stay that way for awhile...

No Doubt...

Global Cooling will be the next Hot Topic.

Maybe Jimmie Carter will jump on that bandwagon.

I'm sure Jimmie is as much as an expert as Algore.

Heck, seems if yer a liberal politition or a celibritry,
yer pretty much know anything and everything !!!

And if you disagree with them, your on their $hit list .

Run the stove at night for a few hours, let it down overnight and fire up in the am. Kids like it cozy. Got to break them in young.

Freezing

We've already had several nights with frost here. I started a couple fires then just to take the chill off. I'd have a fire in my new place if I had a stove, it's been cool the last couple days for sure... Like 40's

Fired Up!

Second night of action for the stove. Gotta love that smell of the stove and burning oak after a long summer break.

With the arrival of new baby gotta keep it nice and cozy! :D

Just threw a HUGE chunk of Rock Elm in my stove, opened the damper to help it get going. Actually too big for my stove, I will see how it handles it. Should burn all night.

Gotta love being able to give the middle finger to the gas co.

I cleaned and fired up mine Friday night to take the chill off, and to make sure all was well for the wife to burn it when I am on the road during the week. Smelled nasty when burning the crud off, then the wonderful smell of seasoned locust and mulberry burning. Within 45 minutes it was so hot in the house I opened the windows. Bring on the cold weather! Im ready!:blob2:

burning the crud off, then the wonderful smell of seasoned locust and mulberry burning. Within 45 minutes it was so hot in the house I opened the windows. :blob2:
You must have different mulberry out yonder.A male mulberry burning smells like a lively skunk,good burning wood though.

You must have different mulberry out yonder.A male mulberry burning smells like a lively skunk,good burning wood though.

i think the most common species around here is red mulberry. It doesnt give off any bad smell. The junk Chinese elms smell bad, and box elder, as well.

Two days last week, 80's to 30's overnight so fired it up to keep the chill off.

As it's going, might just make it to the end of October without burning anything other than an AM fire to chase the chill off the floors.

I've both Mulberry genders, but the males seem to have two different leaf patterns, and very distinct as well, but have never noticed any odor from the wood.
Although when burning the buckthorn brush, if it's a too green it smells like that Mary stuff all around the yard.:monkey:

Been burning for about 3 weeks now. Nights in the high 20's low 30's. Got our first measurable snow this weekend, if it would have all stuck probably 8" but with most of it melting as it hit the ground only 4" stuck. Life at 9000'.

Lol @ da skunk comment :D (here its the Am. willow, smells like an old man who peed his bed, alot, yuck). I digress, started burning night fires Sept. 1st, for a week, now burning pretty much 24/7 and, since its my only source of heat (I do have several base boards that have been gathering dust for several years, Beastly Hydro can kiss my nethers) its back to da 4AM fire-stokin' schedule, not minding if it gets real small during the day but its been sortta chilly and cloudy for most of this month..................now, ta finish rebuilding the corner of the woodshed/garage (tore into it yesterday, what an ugly rotten mess, GAH!) have ta go.

Latest posts

Back