First load in of the season!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaded the trailer this morning with the first load of firewood! I can’t wait to light up the boiler. The boiler has been lit for 6 years straight and this summer I finally decided to shut it down. Kinda of missing it.
Out of curiosity why would you keep the boiler going that long? Is it your only source of hot showers?

Ya with 5 people taking long showers, numerous dishwasher and laundry loads everyday, we was always running out of hot water. So on the Shelby stanza tractor like thing, I will try to post a link that I had on here before

A single-axle, heavy duty 5 x 8 trailer with 15" wheels will carry a surprising load. I can generally haul about 95 cu ft (about 3/4 cord) of split wood on one. Of course, the logs have to be packed in. A full random thrown load is about 80 cu ft. The actual weight might be over a ton if the wood is mixed dry hardwoods. Your trailer shown here looks to be a 5 x 10. I have often wondered what actually sets the rated trailer weight limit (tires, bearings, frame. etc.) Might be nice to know before I overload mine.

Ya it’s hauled a lot of wood in its day. It’s homemade, I built it all out of c channel Perlins from a metal building. It’s been a great trailer. I have no idea on the weight limit but I’m sure I’ve had it overloaded a time or two

Latest posts

Back