First one in a year!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, John, I don't know- For what that one is going to end up going for, I'd want it to come with an operator :D Looks like we got in on the ground floor. Darn capital gains tax......

That saw has one UGLY looking muffler design. A prime canidate for a 125cc Honda tuned pipe. A little porting and you could have her running 14000 rpms in no time

I bet that saw brings near $400. I dont remember the first two, but I was watching the auction for the last one, and nobody was bidding. I expected there to be some furious bidding at the last, probably up to around $200, but curiously the auction ended early, with no explanation from the seller.

Lesson learned for a lot of us. I haven't noticed many things on ebay (that actually have some value) going bidless anymore.

Brian....nope...I don't sell the 111's...

Mine is ported...new carb...tuned pipe...still needs a couple little things worked on though...just haven't had time...hopefully before the Revival this year it will get done.

The higher the price goes, the less attachment I feel to mine. Where's my digital camera............

I didn't mean to do it, but I think that the litte Jonsereds personality cult we've fabricated here probably won't hurt the value any.

Don't sell yours yet Dave, it'll ruin the balance of things. You have to wait a good 11 months first. :) Big saws seem to be getting expensive these days. That is, unless you get $75 SP-125s like Oakman. I actually do have a question for you. What's the muffler like on the 111S parts saw you bought a couple years ago? From the photo I saw, it looked like it had some kind of rounded guard over the whole thing.

It's too dark now to take on the hoot owls, but if memory serves (hah!) neither muff had a shield. However, the saw I run has a centered outlet w/ a spark arrester screen and a clamshell deflector while the "parts" saw has a threaded outlet on the bar side of the face. If daylight proves me wrong I'll let you know and if I can beat this foolish new camera into submission, maybe a few pics.

I have a few predictions regarding this saw. The first is that it will go for $400. I think common sense will keep it from going above that. Another prediction is that this is not the only 111 the seller has. He will see how this one sells and then unload another. I would love to travel out to Oregon and see his shop. I often wonder if he truly has that many guys wanting to trade off the old big stuff or is he out beating the bushes looking for it. Please do not get me wrong I am not knocking him at all. I bought a saw from hime several years ago and it has been the best used saw I have ever bought.

These predictions are based on my random observations at 11:06 CST on May 4, 2003 about 22 hours before the end of the auction. My predictions may change later depending on how many Miller's are left in the basement frig.

Bill

Well all I can say is boy did I miss that one. I cheked it with 45 minutes to go and then go busy with some family time. When I rembered to come back it was way to late and it was gone. I can assure you that had I remembered it would have brought more. The really sad thing is it will have its guts run out as a mill saw. I checked the buyers feedback and his only other purchase was for plans to build a chainsaw mill. In no way am I knocking chainsaw millers but I think it is a shane to run this vintage saw on one. When he needs parts (and he will) where is he going to find them. The buyer would be better served by one of the cheap new Husky 3120's or a new 088 from John.

Just my random thoughts (and sour grapes)

Bill

I missed the end of it as well...my high bid was 251..then I got busy and never got back to it....it really won't make a great milling saw IMO....it would look way better on my shelf...:D But seriously...I have been working on my 111 for quite awhile...and its got some bottom end..but I still wouldn't put it against an 088, a KD3120.....or Art's 090......

Well at least part of my prediction was true. I predicted that sawking had more and he did. He has a 111S parts saw on ebay now.

Bill

Latest posts

Back