First ported saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timdogtrainer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to have a saw ported for the first time. I’ve got ms440 and 441. 441 is getting a new cylinder and piston. I’m a casual sawman but use saws a decent amount living on a farm with plenty of fence lines and lots of storms. I don’t have the knowledge or time to attempt this myself. Just trying to decide which saw the port and who should do the work. Looking for a reputable person that may have time lol. I’m located in ga. Thanks in advance.
Tim

If you are looking for a good guy nearby Randy Evans is in Tennessee. Reach out at Mastermind Worksaws. He has a website. Did a 362cm for me. It's a great saw now.

Sure, I’m working on that. But what’s another $350-400 to get it ported and tuned. I’ve got several other saws I use almost daily. Just looking to have my first ported saw. Thanks

+1 on Rattler. By the way my 362 was a used saw. I was the original owner, but the saw was still relatively fresh. He is also doing rebuilds now. If you go as far as rebuilding, which I would recommend, buy OEM parts and ship to the porter.

Im alittle biased but id port that 440 first.

Tunning you need to learn regardless of stock or ported saw. This alone can make a current saw like your 440 run at its full potential.

Ounce you can tune a saw i think mods can then start taking place like muffler and cylinder porting.

Latest posts

Back