First pro saw 550xp!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Husky/Stihl dealer told me, "if you put 3/8 chain on that 550xp it will void the war., Husqvarna just will not cover any problems you have!

SR

Like there is a warranty agent always watching you cut and monitoring your chain preference. Im sure they could prove a 3/8 chain was used....

I'm NOT worried about my dealer, I'm just telling you what he said... Point being, some dealers may not honor war if you run 3/8 on your 550.

I'm running 3/8", 16" bar on my 550 and I think it's a perfect match!

SR

I'm NOT worried about my dealer, I'm just telling you what he said... Point being, some dealers may not honor war if you run 3/8 on your 550.

I'm running 3/8", 16" bar on my 550 and I think it's a perfect match!

SR

Some dealers may not honor anything no matter what. Unless you do 5k a year in business with them, they might write you off as another small time sucker they pulled something over on.

But then again, if you need someone else to fix something as simple as a chainsaw for you, maybe your problems are more serious in general.

For the first 90 days, run it stock, break it in, if it goes boom, return it. Beyond 90 days, expect nothing, no matter what kind of claims a dealer makes. From there, mod it, go crazy, whatever. You really haven't risked much.

Latest posts

Back